Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Hunting Stories
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
fliesandfletching

Last Activity: 11-03-2008
 @ 07:55 PM 
Default National Bow Hunt - Glenrock, WY

Had another great trip to Wyoming. Have attended the National Bow Hunt in Glenrock for three of the last four years. Would have gone last year but ran into this guy "Buff" hunting with a mutual friend in Canada for caribou. We had one of our teams take one fantastic mulie, which won the event and set a new hunt record. While I wasn't fortunate to take one during the event, I did manage to stick around after the hunt and after two days running around with Matt "PB" Futtere, was lucky to take a nice mulie. The Atom worked great. I had a quick draw shot when the bucks blew out of their beds. I was hoping he'd get to the edge of the cliff and stop before blowing over the top. I was at full draw waiting and shot when he got to the edge. Unfortunately, he kept going as his buddies never slowed down. Luckily, The Atom blew through his right hind quarter quartering away and got all the way up into and through the liver. He ran less than a few hundred yards into a quakie patch and that was it. Within seconds, I saw the small bush he bedded down under quit moving. When I got there, Matt came in from above and I below to ensure he didn't jump up and run. I walked almost on top of him thinking he was a rock piled up in the tall grass. Boy was I excited when I finally realized the rock had a beautiful rack attached to it! Not going to make the Bow Hunt next year as I'll be hunting in Idaho with Wilderness Outfitters for elk, black bear, and mule deer with the Mangus family, same guy that introduced me to Buff in Canada last year. The three of us were fortunate enough to go to Africa over the summer, a trip we're repeating in August of 09 so I can tote the camera to catch Buff on film shooting a monster Cape! Hope all is well in Texas. Hunting in Georgia this month and then headed that way in December to hunt with Roland. After Christmas, Matt, Roland, and I will be headed back to Illinois to try and fill our tags for whitetails. Saw some absolute monsters in October when we went last, but it just wasn't quite cool enough to get all the big boys riled up. Roland did manage to shoot quite a nice doe, repeating his success in Georgia the week before. I'll try to post more shortly. Feel free to drop me a line or check us out on the web www.fliesandfletching.com. Hope all is well.

PS: I went to insert the picture and realized I don't know how to do that. HELP!?!?
fliesandfletching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
fliesandfletching

Last Activity: 11-03-2008
 @ 07:55 PM 
Default I guess even a blind hog can find an acorn

I think I figured it out, here are the pics:

I hope this works...
fliesandfletching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
txhunter
Administrator

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 09-12-2016
 @ 08:05 PM 

Sounds like you have a good time. Congrats on the deer. That's a good'un. Wyoming is an awesome place.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 

Really neat. I'd like to try a Wyoming hunt sometime.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #5
BUFF
Just Me

Last Activity: 02-24-2016
 @ 02:07 PM 

Hi Chris... thanks for posting
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote