Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Hunting Stories
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Widowmaker

Last Activity: 12-06-2016
 @ 06:19 PM 
Default Lil' Widows 1st Buck Ever!

Finally back in the stand,I was trying to get my son Cades' 1st buck ever.With the aid of his sister,Taylor,we sat out this evening to accomplish just that!
After a couple of hours sit,one of the target bucks that I wanted him to get came into range.Moments went by with him fidgeting to get on him,with difficulty and frustration building,when he could not get on him...
After a brief time,the buck grew wary and trotted off,leaving Cade heartbroken and sad,thinking his opportunity had came and went.
After some reassurance form his sister and I that the buck would probably give him another opportunity,within 30 minutes,the buck worked his way back into shooting range.
With a lil' more fidgeting,and finally ending up in my lap for a better vantage point,he assured me that he was on him and ready!
Givin' the go ahead,he assured me he was on the mark,and the .223 barked!
After a few minutes wait,and getting down to walk toward the last sighting of him,I glassed in the direction of where he ran out.While glassing for the buck,I heard them yell out , "There he is Daddy"!
When I backed around the tree that they were looking on the other side of,we saw this sight;

After some great big high 5's and some hugs,we let him wrap his lil' hands around his 1st buck ever! At 8yrs old,I've never seen the lil' feller so excited about anything in my life,as was myself and his sister to be there for this moment right here,right now,He is bitten for sure!

I am more excited about both of these lil' fellers as I have been about anything I have ever shot for myself!!! Way to go lil' buddy,I am Soooooooo proud of you and your 1st Buck ever!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Ronny
LSBA Region 75 Rep/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 06-09-2016
 @ 05:36 AM 

Congrats young man on the first of many.