Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #286
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 09-29-2012
 @ 09:04 PM 

Rogue Mocha Porter
Rogue Ales | Newport, Oregon USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Porter

What a heavenly scent one receives when this brew is first opened up! One of THE best American porters I have yet to try! Loads of chocolate and coffee/espresso in this brew. Let it sit out of the ‘fridge for an hour or so and enjoy the more robust flavors and scents! (Brews of this style intensify as they warm to room temperature!) This brew is absolutely superb!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Green Flash Trippel
Green Flash Brewing Co. | San Diego, California USA

Style: Abbey Tripel

What an outstanding tripel-style ale! Thick and full of flavor. I would definitely match this brew up against the Belgian Tripels anytime! This is one of those brews that one pours and then slowly savors because as this brew slowly warms up it intensifies in flavor! This brew blends sweetness, tartness and alcohol in a way that is absolutely delicious. Green Flash continues to impress!

Hoegaarden Original Witbier
Brouwerij van Hoegaarden | Hoegaarden, Belgium

Style: Belgian White (Witbier)

Considered by many to be the bench-mark for a witbier, this brew certainly does not disappoint!! Truly a great brew made for these hot Texas summers! The contrast of sweet and sour flavors pleases well on many levels – smell, taste, and quenching one’s thirst! Would definitely love to go to Belgium and try this brew there at its freshest.

Buffalo Bill’s America’s Original Pumpkin Ale
Buffalo Bill’s Brewery | Hayward, California USA

Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable

Taunted as originally brewed by George Washington himself, I was quite curious to try this brew. Sadly though, that is where the excitement stopped. This is a marginal brew to say the least and I hope that Washington’s version was much, much better! (or maybe this is why his teeth were wood!!) Thin and very watery much like that runny juice on an old slice of pumpkin pie that has sat around too long. I most likely will not be going back to this brew ever again. There are definitely many more pumpkin ales to enjoy from other breweries.

Harpoon Octoberfest
Harpoon Brewery | Boston, Massachusetts USA

Style: Oktoberfest/Marzen

Quite a tasty Oktoberfest style brew! For the most part this brew comes off sweet but nothing overbearing with just a tad hint of hops to balance things up. Surprisingly, this brew strikes me more of a rich amber ale rather than a marzen/oktoberfest; but still a good brew to enjoy nonetheless!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #287
AWMiller

Molson Canadian Lager
Molson Breweries Of Canada. Ltd. | Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Style: Pale Lager

This was a much better tasting brew than I had anticipated! Corn is prevalent in the taste of this brew. Put this up next to Miller, Coors, etc. and I am choosing this one! The flavor is very robust and this is a really good thirst-quencher! Easy enough to put a 6-er away throughout the day. Very rich and a bit thicker than most other lagers of its style.

Moosehead Lager
Moosehead Breweries Ltd. | Saint John, New Brunswick (Canada)

Very “skunky” upon opening (a common trait for brews in clear or green colored bottles) but thankfully this wore off very quickly. Good hit of hops right off the bat wakes those taste buds up and then finishes off with a sweet malty taste. Truly a good beer designed for its purpose – to quench ones thirst. Oddly though, I was getting flavors of lemon saltwater taffy as an aftertaste. Need to enjoy more of this brew to confirm!

Boulevard ZON
Boulevard Brewing Co. | Kansas City, Missouri USA

Not overly sweet (which is a personal plus for me!), very refreshing and quite the thirst quencher during this scorching Texas summer!! Lemony, sweet and very crisp. Very good representation of this brew style. Now all I need are some brats loaded up on top of some sauerkraut and spicy mustard and I’m in heaven!!

Boulevard Single-wide IPA
Boulevard Brewing Co. | Kansas City, Missouri USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

This brew is insanely delicious! Intensely good hoppy hit right off the bat! Very aromatic and I was totally blown away with this IPA! Robust flavors of sweet caramel and burnt sugars linger long afterwards. Excellent with a homemade beef pot pie!

Real Ale Oktoberfest
Real Ale Brewing Company | Blanco, Texas USA

This brew is a right nice rendition of a marzen/oktoberfest beer! Not much hops detected and not overly sweet. Tastes good and is very refreshing. It was hard to fight not chugging this one down cause it is so tasty and so smooth! Fall is in full swing so its time to start enjoying the fall season brews!

Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #288
AWMiller

Lagunitas Imperial Stout (Unlimited Release)
Lagunitas Brewing Company | Petaluma, California USA

Style: Imperial Stout

Nursed this delicious brew as long as I possibly could (some 1.5 hours!!) after opening it! Oh how delicious this one got as it warmed up! Loads of flavors and all so deliciously balanced; espresso, nuts, caramel, tobacco, molasses, chocolate. Makes for a perfect nightcap! Vigorously aromatic!!

Yuengling Traditional Lager
D.G. Yuengling and Son Brewery | Pottsville, Pennsylvania USA
Purchased while on vacation in Florida.

A very good beer from the oldest brewery in America! Can’t find this brew in Texas (or at least in my area) so off to Florida (got this one in Key West) we went to enjoy some much-needed vacationing and savoring of some hard-to-find brews. Definitely the brew to choose when matched up to most mass-produced beers in its style. Very crisp with a clean finish and a definite thirst-quencher! This brew would be a staple brew in my stock if I could just get it in my area. Sweet (but not overdone), malty and a tad bit citrusy; delicious!

Miller High Life
Miller Brewing Co. | Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Not purchased; received as a gift.

Nope, you’re not seeing things! I’m actually doing a review on a brew that I enjoyed many moons ago; Miller High Life! I must say that this brew tastes better than what I remember as I have not tried any in ages! There’s not much going on except for the ever present taste of corn but this brew is very crisp and a good thirst quencher. One thing I have noticed is that I prefer the canned beer as opposed to the bottle beer. This is due to the fact that the bottle is clear and sunlight does a big number on destroying the taste of the brew if it is not properly stored at any point between the brewery to your counter. Quite the nostalgic brew for me as it brings up some great memories from way back when!

Unibroue La Terrible
Unibroue | Chambly, Quebec (Canada)

Style: Belgian Strong Ale

These brews from Unibroue continue to amaze! This is definitely one of the more complex brews that I have enjoyed in quite a long time! This brew is definitely a ‘sipper’ as there are just so many intriguing flavors. This brew really came across muck like a fine port wine more than a beer. With these dark ales I prefer to open them up and take a quick sip and then let it sit at room temperature for roughly an hour and then pour and savor. Doing this lets the flavors intensify! While enjoying this brew I noticed the “best before” date was 01-30-2016!!! Time to go get several bottles and let them age!!

Svyturys Baltas (White)
UAB Svyturys | Klaipeda, Lithuania
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Hefeweizen

This is the first brew from Lithuania for me to savor, and enjoy! I am quite pleased with this brew and it is definitely a great intro-beer from this region! Near full-bodied and packed with the right flavors and balance that a good witbier should possess. If you find some, grab ‘em up as they are not in high demand (yet!) and quantities are limited. I love the big citrus hit up front and the sweet, slightly tart, finish! Shake well before opening. Seriously! This releases more flavors and they even say to do so on their website!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #289
AWMiller

Svyturys Ekstra
UAB Svyturys | Klaipeda, Lithuania

Style: Dortmunder/Helles

Very refreshing and quite a tasty thirst quencher! This is my second brew from this brewery in Lithuania and both have been very good beers! Put this next to Miller, Coors, etc., and I am choose this one! Holds up well as the brew slows warms. Most brews in this style get that dry, chalky flavor/texture when it starts to warm up but not this brew! Very clean and crisp with none of those adjunct (a.k.a. “add junk”) aftertastes! Could definitely enjoy several of these on a hot Texas summer day!

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

Style: Imperial/Double IPA

Insanely aromatic!! Good hard punches of hops from start to finish with wild flavors of grapefruit throughout. Although intensely hoppy, this brew finishes off smooth with a nice blending of sweet malts and bitter hops. For a malt-head like myself this brew will definitely make a hop-lover out of ya! Went superbly well with my Kalbi (Korean) dinner.

Mendocino White Hawk Original IPA
Mendocino Brewing Co. | Hopland, California USA
Purchased @ Kegs & Barrels - Plano, Texas USA

Quite a good drankin’ beer and makes for a great beer to have with some slow-grilled burgers. This is my first brew to try from Mendocino and from the tastes of this brew I’m looking forward to tasting more from them! This brew has an extremely smooth texture (almost silky) and it tastes a shy bit more hoppy than other brews in its style but it is nothing overbearing in any way. Nice hint of orange zest in the aftertaste! And now, it’s time for another brew!

Genesee Cream Ale
Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. | Rochester, New York USA

Style: Cream Ale

Not a bad brew but not something I will search out to have again. It is really light and tastes so much like a Corona it’s crazy! For what it is, it is a flavorful thirst quencher. Would be a good brew to have with some spicy hot wings though. Would love to do a blind tasting with this and a Corona and see who can guess correctly!

Ridgeway Foreign Export Stout
Ridgeway Brewing | South Stoke, United Kingdom (England)

Style: Foreign Stout

This is a good stout for folks to try if they have never had a stout before. Would make for a good breakfast brew! This is a very flavorful brew that gets better the more it warms. Flavors of chocolate, coffee, taffy, caramel and just enough hops to keep it from being overbearingly sweet. Clean, silky smooth and a long-lasting sweet malty aftertaste makes this one brew that I’ll definitely be savoring again soon!

Old 10-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #290
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 

Mr. Miller, I think I might have to make my way down to Spec's tomorrow and look up some of these to take a test on myself.
Bob
Old 10-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #291
AWMiller

happy shopping!!!! What did ya get?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #292
AWMiller

New Belgium Hoptober Golden Ale
New Belgium Brewing | Fort Collins, Colorado USA

Style: Blonde/Golden Ale

This one is hoppy all the way through from start to finish. Crisp and very refreshing; an easy drinking brew for sure! Not a bad brew but I am not all too excited about the hops though (must be the malt-head in me!). Something there just does not grab my fancy; maybe if it had a bit more mellowing from the sweet malts. It’s not bad but just something not quite to my liking.

Saint Arnold Oktoberfest
Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Houston, Texas USA

One of the more robust and flavorful Oktoberfest style brews that I have enjoyed lately! I just wish it was a tad bit thicker in the body. Another fine brew from Saint Arnold and one that is not heavy in any way so it can be enjoyed repeatedly throughout the day. This would be a good dessert type beer with some bread pudding or rum cake!

Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber Ale
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company | Portland, Oregon USA

Style: Amber Ale

What an exceptional session ale!! Easy to drink but one that causes you to go slow in order to enjoy its great flavor. Definitely a brew to share with the gang at the BBQ or fish fry! Not at all complex but still very flavorful!! Check out the ‘beer-nerd’ details for even more insights.

Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA
Harpoon Brewery | Boston, Massachusetts USA

Style: Imperial/Double IPA

Ohhhh my! Just found me a new staple brew to have on-hand! Delicious, crisp, refreshing, flavorful; need I go on?! YES!! This malt-head is steadily learning to appreciate the hops and brews like this are paving the way to hop-heaven! So well balanced and the flavors are just astounding. If I’m told to choose an IPA this is going to be high up on my list of choices!!

Del Norte Orale Cerveza Clara
Del Norte Brewing | Denver, Colorado USA

If ever a quaffer this one is it! So easy to drink and so crisp, refreshing and flavorful. Watch out brews from Mexico, this one will definitely give you a run for the peso! Forget the lime and sale and drink it straight in order to enjoy its delicious flavor! I just might have found a new brew for my BBQ/fish fry! Now that I’ve enjoy a couple of these on the slow savor, it’s time to quaff a few cause these are sooo good!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #293
AWMiller

Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company | Portland, Oregon USA

Style: Wheat Ale

I say I am tired of hefeweizens yet I keep coming back to try them out! this one possesses the standards of a pale wheat ale but is really dry (almost chalky) on the finish. Not really something I am found of, especially in a hefeweizen. It’s an ‘ok’ brew but I shall more on to other brews in this style over this one.

Flensburger Dunkel
Flensburger Brauerei GmbH Und Co. KG | Flensburg, Germany

Style: Dunkel

A good brew but nothing really attention-getting. A very easy drinker; almost too easy. Well-balanced brew that is not too malty sweet or too bitter from the hops. My first brew to try with a flip-top ceramic lid. I reckon that’s probably the most exciting part of this beer for me. Thus I continue on in my search for a dunkel that is going to truly capture my attention.

Real Ale Sisyphus 2010
Real Ale Brewing Company | Blanco, Texas USA

Style: Barleywine

My first Barleywine and if this is my starting bar of comparison to future barleywines they better knock me off my feet if they are to beat this one! This brew is absolutely delicious. It’s one of those brews that you just have to try in order to understand why mere words are not enough to describe just how delicious this one is! Keep in mind the ABV on this brew because that alcohol is very well hidden in the flavor of this beer! Definitely grabbing more and cellaring it for a few years to see how it ages! NOTE: This was the 2010 release.

Avery Samael’s Ale
Avery Brewing Company | Boulder, Colorado USA

Excellent dessert brew loaded with cherries and a slow warming effect from the high alcohol content (16.45%!!); this brew would pair wonderfully with some wild game as well! Go slow and enjoy this brew to its fullest; it’s pricey, full of flavor and loaded with alcohol. Will definitely get a few more of these and cellar them for a while as I’m sure this brew improves with aging! Enjoy some today; and tomorrow; and … you get the picture!

St. Feuillien Saison
Brasserie St. Feuillien | Le Roeulx, Belgium

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Due to my lack of experience at this time with saisons (farmhouse ales) this one was a tad different from others that I have savored. Most noticeably is that this one was so much sweeter and did not possess that big sour/tart bite that others had. Still it is a good brew and one that should be savored at least once as the sweetness just might be what you are looking for!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #294
AWMiller

St. Feuillien Tripel
Brasserie St. Feuillien | Le Roeulx, Belgium

Style: Abbey Tripel

A good tripel and a good example of this style of beer. This is one of those good brews to have as a dessert or it also makes for a nice, warming nightcap! Good complex flavors help this one make for a very tasty brew. If you have not tried a tripel before I would recommend starting with one of these and then explore other tripels in order to find your favorites!

Rahr & Sons Visionary Brew
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company | Fort Worth, Texas USA

Style: Dunkler Bock

Smokey, toasted malts, caramel and just enough hops to keep the sweetness at bay! Very crisp, clean and refreshing. This dark malty lager is just strong enough to make for a brew with a little bit of weight but nothing heavy. This is an easy drinking brew and a fine example of a traditional bock.

Wells Bombardier
Wells & Young’s Ltd | Bedford, United Kingdom (England)

Style: Premium Bitter/ES B

A very fine drankin’ beer! Very well balanced; not too sweet, not too bitter. One of the most flavorful bitters I have yet to taste! Smooth, sublime, and oh so flavorful. Definitely a go-to at the BBQ!!

Kulmbacher EKU 28
Kulmbacher Brauerei AG | Kulmbach, Germany

Style: Doppelbock

Hold yer horses boys, I done found me one excellent doppelbock!! Sweet, spicy and full of alcohol (11%!). Much like drinking a fine rum or a fine port. Silky smooth, crisp, warming and so flavorful. Don’t spoil this brew with food; have it as a dessert brew after a rich meaty meal and you won’t be disappointed! Time to stock up for the winter! Definitely a brew to cellar for a couple of years!

Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Brewing Co. | Escondido, California USA

Style: American Strong Ale

On the bottle, “You’re Not Worthy”; oh yes I am!! Gotta love a good strong ale! Assertive hops with just enough malts to smooth off the bite just a tad makes for an awesome brew to savor! The Stone line of brews continues to impress and is definitely a line-up of brews that one can come to appreciate for the long run! Can definitely tell the results of quality workmanship.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #295
AWMiller

Full Sail Bump in the Night
Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub | Hood River, Oregon USA

Style: Black IPA

Looks can be so deceiving! Especially when one has high hopes set for a Black IPA! To say the least, this brew was lackadaisical in flavor and texture. To be honest it was so bland I did not finish it off. The texture was way too think for my liking; the flavors were not as robust as anticipated either. I am really hoping I just received an “off” bottle since this one did not impress me in any way; may try another one later on.

Ska Pinstripe Red Ale
Ska Brewing Co. | Durango, Colorado USA

My first brew to try from Ska Brewing and, sadly, this one doesn’t hold up all too well. When compared to other red ales, this one falls short (in my opinion) of the red ale standards as there are far better choices of red ales out there. Not much to rant about when it comes to scent and flavor of this brew; I mean it’s basically a beer with no outstanding characteristics. I do hope that other brews in their line-up help change my first impressions.

Abita Jockamo IPA
Abita Brewing Co. | Abita Springs, Louisiana USA

Not a bad rendition of an American IPA! Full of flavor (honey, grapefruit, orange), aromatic and darned good to look at (and drank!!). I can see a lot of future pairings of this brew and some blackened catfish or other spicy meals that I like to cook up! Easy to drink and not filling by any stretch. Serve it up as cold as you can get it but the flavors do intensify as the brew warms up.

Unibroue Ephemere (green apple)
Unibroue | Chambly, Quebec (Canada)

Style: Fruit Beer

Finally! A fruit beer with some substance! If you are going to dabble in fruit beers, dabble in one that just plain ol’ tastes great! Of the Ephemere line of fruit beers from Unibroue, there a few flavored choices: apple, cassis/black currant, or framboise. This particular brew was the green apple and my goodness how tasty it was! There’s a good solid sweet/tart flavor that lasts from start to finish; powerful yet not overbearing. Makes for an excellent dessert brew!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #296
AWMiller

Lagunitas New DogTown Pale Ale

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

What an insanely delicious pale ale! Loads of hops both in flavor and aroma with just enough sweet malt to take back the edge just a tad. Very crisp, refreshing and oh-so-delicious!! This brew is light and definitely won’t weigh you down! Definitely one of the best APAs I have yet to savor!! Looking forward to many more!!

Sapporo Premium Beer
Sapporo Breweries Ltd. | Tokyo-to Tokyo-shi, Japan

This brew has a good sharp bite right at first and then a very smooth, mellow sweet rice flavor followed up with a sharp, dry, slightly bitter finish. A crisp, refreshing drankin’ beer. Quite flavorful for its style and definitely a good ol’ thirst quencher. A great brew for the fish fry or BBQ!

Lagunitas A Little Sumpin’ Wild

This one can easily become one of my favorites from Lagunitas (next to their stout of course!!). Beautiful, aromatic and very flavorful. Hoppy through and through but nothing overbearing. Easy to drink but watch that ABV! The alcohol is very well hidden; but it is there! Nice ‘sting’ from the alcohol in the aftertaste. So good I was reaching for the next bottle before my glass was even empty!!

Asahi Black (Kuronama)
Asahi Breweries Ltd | Tokyo-to Tokyo-shi, Japan

Style: Dunkel

Much akin to a Guinness Foreign Extra Stout after a lap-band procedure! Very thin and watery in the light-bodied brew. This is my first dark Japanese brew to try and I must say that they have quite a ways to go to make this stout competitive with other brews in its style. It’s not a bad brew but for the style it just needs a lot more ‘oooomph’!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #297
AWMiller

Green Flash Hop Head Red

Hugely well-balanced brew and extremely easy to drink! Flavors of citrusy hops and sweet malts make for an excellent beer to savor! This is, in one word – exquisite! Gotta love the sediment that builds up at the bottom of the glass. Just before the brew is gone give it a good, hard swirl and “blammo!”, you done got you swig of beer with a whole new taste!!

Green Flash West Coast IPA

Green Flash Brewing will definitely be the brewery to make my appreciation of hoppy brews come to fruition! This brew is so hoppy yet so well-balanced that I don’t want to stop sipping it! Gotta love the sweet/malty start with the dry/bitter long-lasting finish. Paired up excellently with my Cajun Dirty Rice meal!

Cerveza Imperial (Costa Rica)
Cerveceria Costa Rica | San Jose, Costa Rica

Not much to go into detail on this brew. It’s your standard fair pale lager. Definitely designed for one purpose and that would be a cheap thirst quencher! When compared to other pale lagers (especially those mass-produced ones) this brew holds its own very well. Crisp, refreshing and worthy to make its cameo at your next fish fry or BBQ!

Cerveza Salva Vida
Cerveceria Hondurena, S.A. / BevCo Ltd | San Pedro Sula, Honduras

This being my first Honduran brew, it compares well with other brews in its class; light, crisp, refreshing. It has a sharp bitter bite up front with a smooth caramel-like mellowed finished. It’s just a good typical pale lager. Darn good companion with my chili-cheese-frito-pie dinner! This brew truly met up with its purpose – quench thirst quickly and cheaply!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #298
AWMiller

Singha
Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd | Bangkok, Thailand

My first brew from Thailand and one that matches up well within its beer style. Very smooth and refreshing with no harsh bite or aftertaste. It is a bit thicker than previous pale lagers that I have savored; thick like a Miller High Life. I would definitely not call this an adjunct lager because they did not “add junk” to it; rather, they brewed it with 100% barley malt.

St. Sebastiaan Grande Reserve
Brouwerij Sterkens N.V. | Meer, Belgium

Looks and tastes like an amped up apple cider! Gotta love that stone bottle though! Definitely keeping that one for my collection and future re-use!! Very fine all-around Belgian strong ale. Go slow and savor the flavor. This would be excellent when paired up with some wild game!

Weihenstephaner Korbinian
Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan | Freising, Germany

Style: Doppelbock

Silky smooth, sweet and sublime from start to finish. Definitely one of the finest doppelbocks from the world’s oldest brewery and one heck of a fine slow-sippin beer! Perfect as a dessert brew. This is one brew that makes me yearn for a trip to Germany to try this brew at its freshest, especially at Oktoberfest!! I can see my “combat-mug” being filled and emptied many times with this delicious beer! Prosit!!

Fuller’s 1845
Fuller Smith & Turner PLC | Chiswick, London, United Kingdom (England)

Style: English Strong Ale

Much better than their ESB, this 1845 is absolutely amazing! One of the most flavorful strong ales that I have had in quite a long time! It has a nice warming effect from the alcohol as you savor this brew. Call me ‘strange’ but this would be perfect (for me at least) paired up with some rum cake or a delicious fruit cake!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #299
AWMiller

Clown Shoes Clementine
Clown Shoes | Ipswich, Massachusetts USA

A fairly good offering from Clown Shoes and the first of their brews for me to try. This is a good example of a witbier and the fruit is not overpowering by any means. A very well-balanced brew. Somewhat dry and chalky on the finish though but not a bad brew to enjoy on a hot summer day.

Lagunitas Our Own Bavarian-Style Doppel Weizen

Style: Weizen Bock

There are just way too many fragrances in this brew to identify them all! The same goes with all the flavors!! Dry, spicy, and fruity-sweet from start to finish. Love the light alcohol fragrance/taste throughout. This brew has a great ‘zing’ on the palate on the finish from the alcohol that is very pleasing and warming. Very flavorful and one I highly recommend anyone to try!

Belhaven Scottish Stout
Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd. | Dunbar, East Lothian, United Kingdom (Scotland)

Style: Stout

If ever a smooth drinking dessert brew, this is it! I was hesitant getting this beer due to the clear glass bottle but this one came through in flying colors. Full of coffee and dark chocolate flavors from start to finish with some licorice in the aftertaste. I can only imagine how great this brew would taste at a pub in Ireland! Pour a few into a ‘combat-mug’, sit back, relax and enjoy!!

Lagunitas Olde Gnarly Wine

Absolutely a fantastic tasting brew! Barleywines are fast becoming a preferred brew style of mine! This brew has a good sharp bite at first; the hops just wake up the mouth with a good stiff ‘ka-pow’!! Then the sweetness from the malts slide in to mellow things out for a pleasant, refreshing finish. This brew easily ranks near the top of the list of my preferred brews from Lagunitas! A bit ‘smokey’ on the finish; can’t quite put my finger on it but this brew is just plain ol’ delicious!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #300
AWMiller

North Coast Brother Thelonious
North Coast Brewing Co. | Fort Bragg, California USA

What a delicious brew! Want a new beer style to explore? Then get into Beglian strong ales!! This beer would make for an exceptional pairing with a hearty slow-grilled rib-eye steak! Slick-smooth in texture, fruity-sweet-spicy in taste, this brew will surely appeal to your senses!!

Stone Pale Ale

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Crisp. Sharp. Refreshing. Definitely a choice of mine for a fine BBQ or fish fry!! A brew to be enjoyed numerously throughout the day (or night)! Love the bitter hit up front and the sweet malty finish. Stone Brewing truly has a solid line-up of beers! Enjoy them all!

Stone India Pale Ale (IPA)

That’s one hearty hoppy punch right off the get-go partner!! Just enough sweet malts on the finish to meld for a find tasting IPA! Would definitely be my choice brew with some spicy grilled oysters on the half-shell! This brew is mouth-puckeringly delicious!! Very smooth and refreshing indeed! Hoppy is as hoppy does!!

Maredsous 8 Brune
Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV | Breendonk-Puurs, Belgium

Style: Abbey Dubbel

Oh sweet delicious bliss! One of the best dubbels I have had thus far! This is truly one exceptional brew! Very yeasty and one to pair up with a hearty shepherd’s pie.