Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 AM   #27
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 09-29-2012
 @ 09:04 PM 

Troegs The Mad Elf Holiday Ale
Troegs Brewing Company | Hershey, Pennsylvania USA

Style: American Strong Ale

Definitely a Christmas ale that one should try no matter what extent they must go to get it! Full of yuletide flavors – cherries, honey, cooking spices. Truly a nightcap brew of nightcap brews! The blends of sweet and spicy flavors are beyond compare. The long-lasting aftertastes of honey and cooking spices are just phenomenal and well worth every effort it takes to get your hands on this excellent brew!

Rating: 5 out of 5 mugs!!!

=========================

Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter
Flying Dog Brewery | Frederick, Maryland USA

Style: Imperial/Strong Porter

This brew is definitely my favorite from the Flying Dog line-up. Immensely flavorful and makes for one intense nightcap! In a word, stellar. In another work, delicious. And in five more words – need to get some more! This brew has a texture that is so smooth but what I like is that it is somewhat thick. Dark chocolate, espresso and molasses flood the taste buds like you wouldn’t believe! Definitely a great brew to have on hand during the cold wintry months to take the chill out of the air!

Rating: 4 out of 5 mugs

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop Ale (2011)
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. | Chico, California USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

Another fine specialty craft brew from SNBC! Die hard malt-heads wanting to break into hoppy brews need to hit this one and keep at it until their taste buds get acclimated to the hops. This brew has the characteristics of an IPA that I have been looking to for quite some time. A mild hoppy hit up front quickly followed by a caramel-y maltiness that easily makes one eager for the next delicious sip! Now to pair this one up with some spicy fish tacos and creamy German-style cole slaw!

Avery Maharaja Imperial Pale Ale
Avery Brewing Company | Boulder, Colorado USA

Style: Imperial/Double IPA

What a snazzy imperial IPA! The second of the Dictator Series for me to taste and this hearty pale ale is absolutely delicious! Insanely rich, aromatic and flavorful. I was a bit leery at first because of the 102 IBU but there is not any overabundance of bitterness in this brew. Gonna definitely enjoy more of this one!

These and many more beer reviews (including 'beer-nerd' details about each brew) are available on my blog; the link there is provided on my profile page.

ABOUT AW's BIERKELLER: My beer review blog contains beer reviews from an 'average joe' beer enthusiast for 'average joe' beer enthusiasts. It ain't purty, heck it ain't even grammatically correct. It's just me tellin ya what I think about the brews that I have savored. It ain't much but it's sure to put a grin on your chin and a chuckle in your gullet! If'n you're into wild game (the kind ya go out into the great outdoors to get [i.e. hunting or fishing]; not that prepackaged stuff!!) then I got some tasty brews that will go right good with your meal! So thank ye kindly for stoppin by! Now get on in thar and find some brews that you'd like to try & maybe some ya'd better stay away from!

DISCLAIMER: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of these here beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice one to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure!
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote