Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > News and Alerts
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Bossbowman

Last Activity: 09-19-2017
 @ 02:40 PM 
Default Please Read - Crossbows replacing archery in october

One of the individual that works for the crossbow manufacturers is spewing a bunch of info on another forum, I wonder if theres any validity to it?, the link to the whole thread is below the quote

Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but the other bow companies are on board as well behind the scenes. Probably even your bow company. Why? Because they are now involved with manufacturing xbows since it's been a fast rising sport. They don't want to go broke so they needed to get on board as well. Also, the xbow is recognized as a great recruitement tool to lead shooters to buy traditional equipment. TPWD is the biggie behind this bill. Several Game Wardens shoot xbows, as do several members of the House of Reps and other legal people. Why? Because they are given the opportunity to shoot and learn about the xbow where as bow hunters don't take the time to teach those people how to shoot a vertical bow, they seem to just whine about sharing an archery season and listening to that over and over sure gets old. Most are not doers, just whiners. Nothing is gained if nothing more positive or lucrative is offered. Let me warn you about what will happen if this vocal group of bowhunters doesn't calm down and quit thinking it's exclusively their October season, because I've already heard the comments from House Reresentatives and Lobbyist. You know, the people that pass these regulations and laws. One, is a god friend of mine. What is being threatened is this: Since there are 500,000 xbow shooters, and 300,000 bow (Longbow/compound bow) they see more money coming in from the xbow shooters and the idea has been brought to the floor that if those 300,000 shooters want an exclusive season, they will make October xbow season, then run the general season, and when that season is finished. THEN in January, have those minority bow hunters their own exclusive season if that is really what their problem is with allowing xbows during archery season. It would be pushed back to after everyone else is done hunting. So, the moral to this story is... AND you are exactly right about the money. Isn't everything in the business world? Companies and associations do not run on emotions. They look at the bottom dollar. TPWD is doing the same thing thinking if they allow xbows in archery season, all those 500,000 shooters will have to purchase an archery tag. Money does talk, and that's just how it is. Emotion does not put money in the bank. If you want to fight this, then YOU need to figure out how the minority of bow hunters will bring in more money, and positive influences in, and good luck with that. Oh, and yes, I'm Prostaff for several companies in the industry, because I believe in those companies, and the products they sell. As well, they believe in me and what I have to teach about the products and companies, and what I do. I just love to hunt and I love to teach others how to get started and mentor the youth along their journey into the woods. I also love to help the elderly and handicapped have the opportunity to continue the tradition. My stance is anyone who wants to hunt, will hunt with me. Last deer season, I paid out of my own pocket $7,000.00 for the deer we let people harvest, who couldn't afford to hunt, to pay the bill due to ranch owner we guide and outfit for. I'll never leave ANYONE behind, and I don't give a s... what weapon we use, just as long as we have fun, are ethical, and are successful. I've never been prejudice to any weapon, or any person, and I would hope my fellow hunters would have the same atitude. Hunters helping hunters should be what it's all about. Not this pedy crap of ewe, You shoot a rifle, or you shoot a bow, or you stab hogs. If you don't like that method, don't do it! Don't whine about it. Mind your own business and go have fun. It's ALL good. Now, if they would try to take bow hunting away, you can bet your ass I'd be screaming the loudest and doing my part to back the bow hunters up just like any other hunters, and their chosen method of collection, because that's what the right thing to do is. It doesn't matter if it's something I like or not. We are all passionate lovers of this sport. There shouldn't be any peddy whining in this sport. We are all supposed to be the elite, respectful, better citizens of the world. Leave that other crap to the fine, upstanding citizens of the New Orleans Katrina victims group. Where's my money? I deserve that money! The gov't owes me that money! The law says I deserve that money-It's my legal right! Gets old, huh?
http://www.texashuntfish.com/flexifo...&sid=30&fid=25
Bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
Bossbowman

Heres the most important part

Quote:
Let me warn you about what will happen if this vocal group of bowhunters doesn't calm down and quit thinking it's exclusively their October season, because I've already heard the comments from House Reresentatives and Lobbyist. You know, the people that pass these regulations and laws. One, is a god friend of mine. What is being threatened is this: Since there are 500,000 xbow shooters, and 300,000 bow (Longbow/compound bow) they see more money coming in from the xbow shooters and the idea has been brought to the floor that if those 300,000 shooters want an exclusive season, they will make October xbow season, then run the general season, and when that season is finished. THEN in January, have those minority bow hunters their own exclusive season if that is really what their problem is with allowing xbows during archery season. It would be pushed back to after everyone else is done hunting. So, the moral to this story is... AND you are exactly right about the money. Isn't everything in the business world? Companies and associations do not run on emotions. They look at the bottom dollar. TPWD is doing the same thing thinking if they allow xbows in archery season, all those 500,000 shooters will have to purchase an archery tag. Money does talk, and that's just how it is.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
biggen
LSBA Hall of Fame/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-04-2018
 @ 07:54 PM 

Like to see how and where they came up with those numbers?!
biggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
Bossbowman

They are probably basing them on archery stamp sells, which is stupid since every bowhunter I know buys the super combo which has the archery stamp endorsement, but TPWD doesn't count the supercombo stamps. I guarantee you there are WAY more bowhunters out there than TPWD realizes, I've seen the # of them grow greatly in my area the last 5 years.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 

What is amazing is that they come up with 500,000 x-bow users. That's a flat lie. Or at least it is if you're talking about Texas hunters. I'd like to see them justify those numbers based on say number of sales of crossbows. I bet there hasn't been 10,000 crossbows sold in this state period, much less 500,000.

Now propaganda is good if you want to sell something in politics. A famous Nazi once said something like, "Tell a lie, make it big and repeat it often enough and pretty soon people would start believing it." It's a shame that people like the one quoted are adopted Nazi tactics.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
traildust

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 10-04-2016
 @ 04:46 PM 

Ijust cant believe MC hasnt chimed in yet!
traildust is offline   Reply With Quote