Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #106
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 09-29-2012
 @ 09:04 PM 

Seeradler Classik
Brauerei Max Leibinger GmbH | Ravensburg, Germany
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Fruit Beer

ABV - 2.6%

My personal notes: Well of all the fruit beers that I’ve tasted thus far, this one is by far the best! This brew poured up a slightly hazy, pale yellow colored body sporting a vibrant frothy head with fair retention and minimal lacing. Lemons, roasted malts and a touch of hops. The body is VERY light and easily drinkable (not much alcohol in that drink). Enjoy during the heat of summer at the BBQ or by the pool.

One of the coolest pull-tops I’ve ever seen on a bottle!
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #107
AWMiller

Saint Arnold Spring Bock
Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Houston, Texas USA
Purchased @ Oliver's Fine Foods - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Lager – Heller Bock

ABV - 6.4%

My personal notes: This brew poured up a light reddish-brown with a one-finger thick head that dissipated rather quickly and left minute lacing. Roasted malts, floral hops, light chocolaty-spicy notes up front with a bright hoppy finish. Medium bodied that finishes clean with no bitter aftertaste. A great brew to enjoy in the spring as well as throughout the year. Would make for a great pairing with a squirrel gumbo or rabbit stew!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #108
AWMiller

Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey
Left Hand Brewing Company | Longmont, Colorado USA

Style: English-style India Pale Ale (IPA)

ABV - 7%

My personal notes: Served ‘fridge’ cold, this brew poured up a hazy, light copper colored body with a one-finger thick foamy head with good retention and lacing. Very hoppy with some hints of caramel and spices both in scent and flavor. Medium bodied with a clean, slightly spicy finish with just the right amount of ‘bite’. This would pair well with some smoked or grilled oysters on the half-shell or some spicy grilled shrimp!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #109
AWMiller

Labatt Blue
Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. | London, Ontario CANADA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Adjunct Lager

ABV - 5%

My personal notes: This brew poured up the standard pale yellow colored body with a foamy, bubbly head that dissipated quickly and left negligible lacing. General aromas of corn and malts. Flavors of the same. Light body and well carbonated makes this an easy quaffer. Brews like this are good for pizza, meatball sandwiches, and hot wings.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #110
AWMiller

Victory Storm King Imperial Stout
Victory Brewing Company | Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA

Style: Russian-style Imperial Stout

ABV - 9.1%

My personal notes: These Imperial Stouts are just amazing! This brew poured up a rich dark black body with a one-finger mocha-colored head with great retention and lacing. Loads of hops, malts, chocolate tease your sense of smell while flavors of chocolate, toffee, and coffee tease your sense of taste. Medium-bodied while a nice hoppy bite at the finish with hints of espresso here and there. This is definitely a dessert all to itself!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #111
AWMiller

Rahr & Sons Texas Red
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company | Fort Worth, Texas USA

Style: American Amber/Red Lager

ABV - 4.7%

My personal notes: These boys from Rahr & Sons surely don’t disappoint! This brew poured up a dark walnut-amber colored body sporting a two-finger bubbly head with great retention and lacing. Warm aromas of malt and hops so richly balanced that it entices one to stop and savor the brew with the nose before taking in that first tantalizing sip! A very malty tasting beer (which I really like cause I’m a malt-head!) with hints of the hops hidden here and there. This brew is slightly heavier than a light brew but slightly lighter than a medium-bodied brew. This brew is very, very, very easy to drink; so for a session brew it ranks up there of my highest picks! An excellent pairing with some beef/chicken fajitas or some slow-smoked wild game!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #112
AWMiller

Sierra Nevada Porter
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. | Chico, California USA

Style: American Porter

ABV - 5.6%

My personal notes: This brew poured up a near jet black body sporting a frothy one-finger head that dissipated quickly to a thin film leaving amazing lacing effects on the glass. Served just cooler than room temperature, scents and flavors of chocolate, coffee, toffee, roasted malts, and slight hints of hops and citrus. Medium-bodied with an ease of drinkability. Would pair well with grilled or smoked meats and several wild game dinners!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #113
AWMiller

Sierra Nevada Stout

Style: American Stout

ABV - 5.8%

My personal notes: Now this is an amazing American stout! Served just cooler than room temperature this brew poured up a near jet black body sporting an enormous frothy head (as a result of a vigorous pour) with good retention and excellent lacing effects. Aromas and flavors of chocolate, burnt brown sugar, molasses, roasted malts, dark fruits (plums, etc.) balanced with just the right amount of hops for a clean subtle bite. Medium-bodied, robust, rich and creamy with no harsh aftertaste. Excellent when paired with grilled or smoked meats and wild game.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #114
AWMiller

Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale (2010)

Style: American Brown Ale

ABV - 5.5%

IBU - 37

My personal notes: Definitely a quality brown ale to have in stock!! Served 'fridge-cold', this brew poured up a rich dark brown colored body with an off-white creamy, foamy head with great retention and lacing effects. Aromas and flavors of caramel, spices, nutmeg, roasted nuts, warm butter, toffee, and hearty roasted malts. Medium-bodied with a nice spicy bite and aftertaste. One of the best browns I have sampled thus far! Easy on the drinkability scale. Excellent when paired with grilled or smoked meat or wild game (duck, dove, rabbit, squirrel, venison).
Old 06-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #115
AWMiller

Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock (2011)

Style: Maibock / Helles Bock

ABV - 6.4%

My personal notes: Served 'fridge-cold', this brew poured up a rich, dark golden colored body sporting a frothy pearl-white colored head with marginal retention but good lacing effects. Aromas and flavors of peppery spices, bready yeasts, lemon-grass, and a slight hint of hops and malts on the end. It has a light to medium body and easily drinkable. An excellent brew when paired with fish/shellfish dinners or pastas with a light white creamy sauce to it.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #116
AWMiller

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen

Style: Hefeweizen

ABV - 4.8%

My personal notes: Another addition to the AW Beer Hall of Fame!!! Served 'fridge-cold', this brew poured up a hazy, cloudy golden amber colored body with a hearty pearl white colored foamy head with amazing retention and lacing effects. Aromas and flavors of wheat grains, lemon-grass, hops, apricots (maybe a tease of tangerine?) and something akin to wild honeycomb. Light to Medium in body, this brew is absolutely like velvet or silk on the tongue! Very creamy with a crisp, clean finish with just the right amount of 'bite' from the hops to make for an easy-to-drink hefe! Foods to pair with this brew would be grilled or smoked poultry, fish/shellfish, and wild game such as pheasant, quail, dove, etc.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #117
AWMiller

Oskar Blues Ten FIDY
Oskar Blues Grill & Brewery | Lyons, Colorado USA

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

ABV - 9.4%

My personal notes: Another grand addition to the AW Beer Hall of Fame!! This brew poured up a thick, rich, ooey-gooey (like motor oil!), black colored body sporting a one-finger thick mocha-colored head with minimal retention but amazing lacing effects! Rich aromas and flavors of coffee, dark fruits (raisins, plums), bitter chocolate. The body is thick and very creamy; chewy, just the way I like it! Drinkability is very easy but take your time with it and enjoy! This is an excellent brew all by itself. But if I were to pair it up with a meal it would have to be grilled or smoked choice cuts of beef or perhaps a choice wild game dinner compose of wild boar.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #118
AWMiller

Harpoon IPA
Harpoon Brewery | Boston, Massachusetts USA
Purchased @ Oliver's Fine Foods - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: American IPA

ABV - 5.9%

My personal notes: Well I just might have found an IPA that I can enjoy! Served 'fridge-cold', this brew poured up a clear, copper-colored body with a sporty, frothy head with good retention and lacing effects. Aromas of hops and fruit (somewhat like grapefruit) and a light hint of malt on the backend. Flavors of melted caramel from the malts are well-blended with the hops and slight grapefruit taste. Medium-bodied and very easy to drink with a good bite in the aftertaste; but nothing overbearing. Pair this up with some wild game such as duck, pheasant, rabbit, salmon, shellfish, and venison for a great dinner & drink!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #119
AWMiller

Tecate
Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. | Monterrey (Nuevo León), Mexico
Consumed @ Casa de Baldwin - Texas USA

Style: Mexican Adjunct Lager

ABV - 4.55%

My personal notes: This brew poured up a pale yellow-colored body with a one-finger frothy head with minimal retention and lacing. General aromas of mild hops and malts. Flavors of the same. Light body and well carbonated makes this an easy quaffer. Brews like this are good for pizza, meatball sandwiches, and hot wings.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #120
AWMiller

Tommyknocker Jack Whacker Wheat Ale
Tommyknocker Brewery | Idaho Springs, Colorado USA

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

ABV - 5.4%

My personal notes: Another addition to the AW BHoF! This brew poured up a hazy orange-yellow colored body with a white frothy head that dissipated rather quickly and left minimal lacing. Aromas of lemon, malts, lemon-grass. Flavors of the same but also a hint of peach or apricot hiding in the background. The body is no heavy at all and very easy to drink with a nice, crisp, clean finish and no bitter aftertaste. This is an awesome brew for the BBQ! Will pair well with pheasant or quail, fish (such as trout, crappie, catfish, sand trout, sea trout, flounder, etc.) and grilled spicy shrimp!