Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 09-29-2012
 @ 09:04 PM 

Flying Dog Raging Bitch
Flying Dog Brewery | Frederick, Maryland USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Belgian-style IPA

ABV - 8.3%

IBU - 60

My gosh this has got to be one of the best that Flying Dog has to offer at this time!! This brew poured up a dark apricot-colored body that is crystal clear sporting a thin white bubbly head that dissipated quite slowly and left amazing lacing effects. Aromas are rich and full of citrussy hops, sweet malts, yeast, much like warm bread right out of the oven. Flavors are rich and malty with hints of that bitter bite from the hops here and there. The flavor of yeast is quite present but not overbearing in any way. I found that as this beer warmed the flavors and scents intensified and became much more enjoyable. Medium-bodied, very smooth (almost creamy) and slightly carbonated. Very easy on the drinkability scale with a crisp clean and refreshing finish that has enough of the hops to put in a good bite but enough of the malts to smooth it out. I can tell this one is gonna be a favorite in my fridge soon!

Pairing Recommendations: beef, buffalo, bison, burgers, Cajun, fish/seafood, Indian, Korean, Mexican, Thai

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote