Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > News and Alerts
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
2050z
Banquet Co-Chairperson

Last Activity: 05-30-2014
 @ 07:18 PM 
Default Beware of this company

My good friend Zan is the author of this post

WARNING! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS ONLINE ARCHERY DEALER!

DELTA ARCHERY COMPANY
- via Discount Arrows ad on Bowhunting.Net

I'm sad to say, one of Bowhunting.net's advertisers is a !@#$%. On Oct 11, I purchased 1 doz Blackhawk VaporWood carbon arrows, spine 4000. Payment was made via PayPal, debited from my bank account thru my PayPal account.

On Oct 12, I received notice from PayPal that the dealer issued a Priority Mail (2-3 day service) shipping label, scheduled for shipping Oct 16.

On Oct 21st I emailed dealer that order hadn't arrived, nor showed that via tracking # that it hadn't been shipped yet. He responded, "be patient, they're on the way".

Again, no order after several days.

After repeated emails and a couple of phone calls (had to leave messages), he finally shipped Order - arrived Oct 29, postmarked Oct 28th!

Order received: BH BlueMax carbons - wrong size, model, wrong everything!

It took several phone calls, leaving messages, and another week before he responded with on Nov 4 "I'll ship the right ones tomorrow (Nov 5).

It's now Nov 21, his emails come back as "undeliverable", and he won't return my phone calls.

I'm totally pissed!

I've now filed a claim with PayPal to get a full refund, but no guarantees. He had the audacity to tell PayPal (thru dispute resolution) to tell me to ship back the wrong order (at my expense) and he would ship the right order to me after he got the return! Like hell I will. He can send me a PP shipping label, and when I get my refund I'll send back the arrows.

Anyways, I've told Robert & Rich about this @#$%, so we'll see what happens. What a shame such a no no poor business is being advertised on a quality site like Bowhunting.Net.

I'm obligated to my friends to warn you. Do not buy from Delta Archery Company. You'll get burned big time!

http://www.deltaarcherycompany.com/
And God Bless

Sticks N'Limbs Owner
Carson Optics Pro Staff
Bear Archery Pro Staff
2050z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
txhunter
Administrator

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 09-12-2016
 @ 08:05 PM 

Sorry to hear about this. I hope it gets worked out.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
2050z
Banquet Co-Chairperson

Me too and I hope this guy goes to jail
And God Bless

Sticks N'Limbs Owner
Carson Optics Pro Staff
Bear Archery Pro Staff
Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
2050z
Banquet Co-Chairperson

Zan got his bank involved and he got his money back from PayPal. PayPal is now trying to get its money back from the company.
And God Bless

Sticks N'Limbs Owner
Carson Optics Pro Staff
Bear Archery Pro Staff
Old 11-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
nagaranch

Last Activity: 09-23-2009
 @ 04:03 PM 

i've had that kinda trouble with smaller archery supply companies. some of them cannot afford to keep all of the things they advertise in stock, so they order them not telling you that it will take another week to get your equipment. and if there order is messed up it gets passed on to you. i only shop local now. at least with pay pal you have a way to recover your funds
nagaranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Pro Archer

@ 06:00 PM 
Default Not me I got a great deal and great service.

I FIND THAT INTERESTING MY PURCHASE EXPERIENCE WAS NOTHING LESS THAN PERFECT AND I SAVED A TON OF MONEY WITH THEM. ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT JUST A JEALOUS COMPETITOR? This stuff is starting to happen everywhere ..I have seen negative comments in Goltip ,Easton and other sites..I guess it's a cowardly way of competing.

It's so easy to smear anyone nowadays I actually am going to do just that to show how easy it is..Trust nothing

Last edited by Pro Archer; 01-23-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: error
Old 01-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Ronny
LSBA Region 75 Rep/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 06-09-2016
 @ 05:36 AM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Archer View Post
I FIND THAT INTERESTING MY PURCHASE EXPERIENCE WAS NOTHING LESS THAN PERFECT AND I SAVED A TON OF MONEY WITH THEM. ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT JUST A JEALOUS COMPETITOR? This stuff is starting to happen everywhere ..I have seen negative comments in Goltip ,Easton and other sites..I guess it's a cowardly way of competing.

It's so easy to smear anyone nowadays I actually am going to do just that to show how easy it is..Trust nothing
Did you join just to say that. Why not fill out your profile so we know who you are.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rns View Post
Did you join just to say that. Why not fill out your profile so we know who you are.
What rns said,

The orginial post was started way back in 2008, so things might have gotten better for the company.
Bob
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

Last Activity: 07-29-2019
 @ 02:25 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Archer View Post

Timm has been a well respected member and sponsor of the Lone Star Bowhunters Association for the past several years. He posted about a bad experience written by another long time member of the LSBA to warn other bowhunters of the bad customer service. This post was made over two years ago. Hopefully, they have improved their customer service since then.

This was your first post and you are not even a member of the LSBA, but yet you choose to question a sponsor's and long time member's credibility? I am not sure where you usually hang out or where you usually do business, but on this site "THAT STUFF" to which you are referring "DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE" and neither do "ACCUSATORY" posts. I suggest you tone it down if you want to have a second one...

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote