Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-06-2010
 @ 11:26 AM 
Post LSBA stance

I was wondering did I miss the "how do the members feel" on the youth rifle season? I never received an e-mail, I do see the poll on the home page. I was just wandering how we "LSBA" decided how to approach this?
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
BearOmni

LSBA Region: 77
Send a message via Yahoo to BearOmni
Last Activity: 08-23-2010
 @ 11:16 PM 

There were a couple of emails sent out by the LSBA.

Basically the lsba opposes extending the youth season into October. I'll let one of the officers or EC members fill you in on the "official" stance and platform.
BearOmni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
bustedassranch

I am behind the decision. I just dont recall getting an e-mail or being asked our opinion, but being on the road so much this year my wife could have cleaned out my e-mail.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

Preserving and Promoting the sport of bowhunting in the state of Texas since 1974...

Old coot in training
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
mesquitecountry

Last Activity: 06-23-2010
 @ 08:34 PM 

Thanks to the region 78 reps who at least cared to listen to a members advice.

Roger/Dena,

You both know what my main issue is. I am seriously getting tired of people saying I dont contribute. I may not do it with LSBA but I do it on my own.

I feel that no matter what like busted said we are never given a chance to respond. We are told what our position is. If people are running for representatives then shouldnt we know what basis they are running for. I for one did not know that a vote for someone meant they represent my interests.

THE ABSOLUTE main reason I pay money in to LSBA is to help pay for the shooting seminars. I dont even want a magazine if it will offset some of the cost. Other than that MANY of us that are for these things are always left out and pushed to the side.

I am not the only one that feels this way. And this always tears all sides apart. Mainly because if we're in the minority we're basically told deal with it and shut up. Here is our stance. Just my opinion but I or many people that share the same Ideology as me feel the same. I know many people that wont be renewing their membership. Even though I try to get them to stay on and fight.

It's disheartening.

If yall wish to ban me because I buck the trend and dont fit in to the cookie cutter trad bowhunter (which personnifies LSBA) then I will spend money to promote youth HUNTING somewhere else.

No harm no foul.

Greatest Smiley Ever
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
bustedassranch

I would hope no one would get banned for asking questions like the one I still have not got an answer to nor for stating their opinion.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
txhunter
Administrator

Last Activity: 09-12-2016
 @ 08:05 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedassranch View Post
I would hope no one would get banned for asking questions like the one I still have not got an answer to nor for stating their opinion.
I believe BearOmni answered your question. You asked about receiving an email and where the LSBA stands on this. That was answered.

I am only the "webmaster" for the LSBA so I don't deal with the decisions or voting. But I do agree somewhat with Mesquite. The LSBA is supposed to be the voice of bowhunters in Texas. I must say that the "bowhunters" in Texas don't have much of a "say so" when it comes to issues that will affect them. The "main" EC members make the decisions of the LSBA's stance on an issue and that is it. The decision was made on this issue as soon as it became public through emails by the EC. Then after the decision was made, they posted this issue on other sites to get bowhunter's feedback.

Now the other issue on this is that LSBA members need to step-up and take action by contacting their representatives and voicing their opinions on certain situations. I am sure not many sent an email or called their reps. And in this situation, a decision needed to be made quickly.

And I am also against the proposal for youth rifle season in the month of October.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #8
mesquitecountry

Last Activity: 06-23-2010
 @ 08:34 PM 

The funny thing is that I've been branded a rifle hunter but there have been many more people that are opposed to this killing deer with guns this year. There have only been two rifle kills on berger ranch this year as opposed to 4 years ago when it was rifle only.

Quote:
Now the other issue on this is that LSBA members need to step-up and take action by contacting their representatives and voicing their opinions on certain situations. I am sure not many sent an email or called their reps. And in this situation, a decision needed to be made quickly.
If the hearing wasnt until January did a message need to be sent out or did it need to be sent out before all of membership could weigh in?

Greatest Smiley Ever
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
txhunter
Administrator

Even if that is the case, I am sure LSBA members wouldn't contact their rep to voice their opinions. Posting on a public forum isn't going to get the job done.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
bustedassranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter View Post
Posting on a public forum isn't going to get the job done.
I guess the e-mails were sent to my spam folder. Guess that wont get the job done either. Online petitions, online surveys, Threads spread over 3 websites that I know of, but posting on a public forum isn't going to get the job done?

Last edited by bustedassranch; 11-24-2008 at 08:52 PM..
Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #11
txhunter
Administrator

There are many responses on these forums by non-LSBA members. And if it was sent to your spam folder, you can't place blame on the LSBA. Maybe you should add @lonestarbowhunters.com to your accepted email address list. You can look at it however you want but if LSBA members want to voice their opinions, then they need to contact their reps via email or by a phone call. That is what the reps are there for. Not to browse public forums to retreive opinions.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Bill M
Super Moderator

Last Activity: 06-22-2018
 @ 01:32 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHawg View Post
Preserving and Promoting the sport of bowhunting in the state of Texas since 1974...
Fellas is there really any doubt what the LSBA is about? I think they have been pretty clear on issues that will affect the Archery Only season. I'm not real sure why y'all would think they suddenly changed what they are about.

Quote:
The funny thing is that I've been branded a rifle hunter but there have been many more people that are opposed to this killing deer with guns this year.
I really haven't read anywhere that you have been branded a gun hunter. I would be one of those that made a rifle kill this year. It is legal to do so during the General Season. Not that it matters since I made a legal kill in a legal season but this is on a piece of property where I'm not set up to bow hunt and I don't know the neighbors should a tracking job be necessary. It doesn't change my mind at all about the October youth season.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #13
bustedassranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter View Post
There are many responses on these forums by non-LSBA members. And if it was sent to your spam folder, you can't place blame on the LSBA. Maybe you should add @lonestarbowhunters.com to your accepted email address list. You can look at it however you want but if LSBA members want to voice their opinions, then they need to contact their reps via email or by a phone call. That is what the reps are there for. Not to browse public forums to retreive opinions.
Your right I will be sure to call my rep in the morning & let them know how I feel.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #14
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

Travis, If you can't appreciate that a bowhunting organization supports BOWhunting, then there's no argument, no discussion. That's just my opinion.

Jack or Marty or one of the 78 reps will have to ban you, because I won't. Its not my place. Haven't seen any cause to ban you yet anyway...

Old coot in training
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
BearOmni

Send a message via Yahoo to BearOmni
Last Activity: 08-23-2010
 @ 11:16 PM 

BAR,
Did you ever recieve the lsba emails?
I'd be glad to forward them to you.
Post or PM me your email and I'll send them to you.
BearOmni is offline   Reply With Quote