Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #31
mesquitecountry

Last Activity: 06-23-2010
 @ 08:34 PM 

Bearomni,

I will give buff a call when I get a moment.

But I've been busy and have not had the time to devote 20 or so minutes.

Sometimes in life you have to realize what you're fighting for is not worth the blood and sweat you have to put out. No one is going to change their mind so its just not worth arguing. We will however be the death of our own sport.

Dena or any other EC,

Here is my question.

Why was their a poll opened up to the members if an announcement on the position was decided 50 or so votes in? What was the need for the poll?

Greatest Smiley Ever
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #32
Bill M
Super Moderator

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 06-22-2018
 @ 01:32 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
Bill, When did I question the legality of what you did? I did no such thing.
Quote:
The funny thing is that I've been branded a rifle hunter but there have been many more people that are opposed to this killing deer with guns this year.
Travis the point really has nothing to do with the legality of it. Here are your words in the second quote as if a bow hunter had committed some great sin by hunting with a rifle. MY POINT IS I used a legal method during a legal season but you seem to believe that because I'm opposed to the October Youth season I shouldn't be able to hunt with rifle when legal to do so.

Can you tell me what the part of your statement above in italics has to do with changing the archery only to October youth season. Absolutely nothing IMO.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #33
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-06-2010
 @ 11:26 AM 

Thanks for the call back Brad.
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #34
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedassranch View Post
Can you please tell me section and or sub section you seen this? I have read them several times now & cant find it.
Thanks
Its not in the bylaws as I'd thought. Let me find where I got it and I'll get back to you... I've got to find my papers.

Old coot in training
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #35
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-06-2010
 @ 11:26 AM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHawg View Post
Its not in the bylaws as I'd thought. Let me find where I got it and I'll get back to you... I've got to find my papers.
You can just PM me.
Thanks
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #36
NDNRoger

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 11-02-2010
 @ 10:28 AM 

The drama over this is so unbelievable! Seriously..are we still in junior high? I thought we were all adults.

Travis,

I can't answer your poll question. You see I have a real job that takes most of my time. I was not able to check and/or read my email during this whole issue until days later. I have thought long and hard about it and fully support the EC. I did not and do not have the time it would take to read every post you have ever made to attempt to sift through all the rhetoric and get your position. I did take the 20 minutes to read through this thread though. And all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

1. Please stop the cry baby 16 year old whining about "go ahead and ban me". You lose all credibility. Why not just come out and state "I triple dog dare you!"?

2. This painting with a broad brush and slopping paint all over everyone about how you have been looked down on and whatever, has got to stop. Again, you lose all credibility. Would you like it if I said all land owners are ignorant morons?

3. Please stop the crying about your voice is not being heard, and guess I will just keep my voice silent. Again, credibility issues and you look like that same old 16 year old. If you really wanted to keep silent you wouldn't be here acting all put upon.

I felt that the above had to be said. Not apologizing for hurting your feelings as we ARE adults. So now can we have a civil discussion like adults?

What I said to you in the other forum was "you too can run for EC and you don't have anything to complain about if you don't." That was in reference to your complaint about your voice not being heard. I stand by that statement. The best way to effect change is to get involved at the top. In no way did I imply or accuse you of not contributing because I would not have any idea. I contribute via the magazine. Its just about the only way I can give back.

I am a member of the NRA. I disagree with many of the things they say and do. However, I also know that they also get things accomplished when it comes to my gun rights. So I keep sending in my money. Point being, you do not and most likely will not always agree with the decisions the EC makes, but like it has been pointed out so many times, the LSBA is all about fighting for bowhunters rights in Texas. So are you going to continue to act like that 16 year old brat, or are you going to buck up like a man and deal with it?

Now for the record:

I just shot a nice 7 point buck two weekends ago. 105 yds with my 30.06 rifle I inherited from my father. You see, I am a "hunter" that very much enjoys "bowhunting". Its not going to be the EC making decisions that you do not agree with that is going to be the death of our sport. It will be apathy and complacency and in fighting that will do it. Have a difference of opinion. I welcome it. Just be a man about it. ok?

I am now going offline and be with my family. I hope you have a great evening Travis!
NDNRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #37
BearOmni

Send a message via Yahoo to BearOmni
Last Activity: 08-23-2010
 @ 11:16 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNRoger View Post
I am a member of the NRA. I disagree with many of the things they say and do. However, I also know that they also get things accomplished when it comes to my gun rights. So I keep sending in my money. Point being, you do not and most likely will not always agree with the decisions the EC makes, but like it has been pointed out so many times, the LSBA is all about fighting for bowhunters rights in Texas.
That is a GREAT point. I hope everyone gets a chance to read that. Not just MC or one or two others, but everyone on both sides of the issue.
BearOmni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:38 PM   #38
grizz

Last Activity: 12-27-2008
 @ 01:01 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNRoger View Post
The drama over this is so unbelievable! Seriously..are we still in junior high? I thought we were all adults.
Very appropraite!

Although I would like to extrapolate...I don't want to interject. I just had to say to you sir....very well put and leave it at that.

With that said:

In opposition to the October Gun Season, would you care to solicit short statements from readers giving their thoughts/experiences on the impact this policy would have on bowhunting. Review the statements/proof/edit and select the best arguments to be read by the author at the comissioners meeting. I don't think we should go in there cold but put our best foot forward.

I don't know how you get on the speakers list..but I plan on being there and voicing my strenous objections.

Also, I can car pool 4 people from Hillsboro/Waco on my own dime. I and my son plan on going together.

Its not too early to organize.

I re-upped just for this fight. Whats the plan?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #39
mesquitecountry

I had an extremely long winded angry message written in response to the name calling post that someone decided to use to drag down this fight but I've decided it simply isnt worth it.

Bear,

See why it's not worth it.

Greatest Smiley Ever

Last edited by mesquitecountry; 11-25-2008 at 08:26 PM..
Old 11-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #40
BUFF
Just Me

Last Activity: 02-24-2016
 @ 02:07 PM 

Thanks Grizz
I'm not sure when the poll was started BUT the purpose of the LSBA is to preserve and promote bowhunting in the state of Texas. Heck just read the Logo. There is no blanket statement that covers everyone. 90% of the folks I know here in East Texas started bowhunting for one of two reasons. A chance to hunt in October for un pressured deer before the acorns fall or a chance to shoot a doe without a doe permit. If you give a 17 year old his choice of learning to bowhunt or just use his 30/06 most all will chose his rifle, heck who can blame them. I truly believe if they make guns legal in Oct they will remove the main incentive to take up bowhunting.
All cut MC some slack. One of these days he could be one of our best statesmen, The man has passion.
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #41
Bill M
Super Moderator

Travis I'm not against rifle hunting and I challenge you to show one instance where I have stated so.

I'm against putting the 30+ year October Archery Only season out and a October Youth Firearm season in, PERIOD.

Please quit twisting peoples words and stay on point.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #42
mesquitecountry

Bill,

I'm not saying you're against it. Just drop it I'm done arguing. It's not worth my stress. I actually do respect your input as well as individuals like Dena's, Roscoe, Buff, Joey, Tracy, and everyone else EVEN GRIZZ dare I say it!

I'm done! Do what yall want! WE disagree we all made our points and no one is budging! All it has done has torn us apart again.

I know my place. It's helping out where I can with what I can. I plan on taking a couple of great youngsters this spring on a turkey hunt that have been struck by badluck. That is my place. To heck with the rest!

At the end of the day I respect you as well as everyone else. I just wished everything could have been handled a little better.

Greatest Smiley Ever
Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #43
Bill M
Super Moderator

Quote:
......................I know my place. It's helping out where I can with what I can. I plan on taking a couple of great youngsters this spring on a turkey hunt that have been struck by badluck. That is my place. ......................
And IMO Travis you are in a very unique place. You have the unique opportunity to touch as many youth as you reasonably can. That's a great place to be and I wish you the best doing what you have always done.

Please don't believe for one minute that those that hope to preserve the Archery Only season aren't behind you in that endeavor, we are. And please don't believe that because we hope to preserve the Archery Only season that we are against getting youth involved because it just isn't so. Look forward to some reports from your involvement.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #44
mesquitecountry

thanks bill. I respect your honesty.

Marty,

It was great talking to you. thanks for your time.

Greatest Smiley Ever
Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #45
grizz

Last Activity: 12-27-2008
 @ 01:01 PM 

Quote:
Bill,

I actually do respect your input as well as individuals like Dena's, Roscoe, Buff, Joey, Tracy, and everyone else EVEN GRIZZ dare I say it!
MC, I said on TBH we are allot alike but on different sides. I admit...I jerked your chain sometimes and you got to me a couple where I shot my emotions on the keyboard. I would like to get beyond that.

I think the point is there is no bad/good person behind the argument. I understand your position and you think that it will do no harm. Just remember 2 things..1) a compromise was given on bow poundage to involve youth and that was not even given a chance to work 2) Once done..it can't be undone. This was an idea...its being discussed..let the fight happen and the best argument win. BUT this is a BOW discussion group

IMHO, there is GREAT potential that this would HURT some kids....my SON agrees. He would not want to be put in a position where if he didn't want to go..Dad couldn't and/or dad would use the kid. And HE is talking about people he knows..

I'd be willing to bet you know or have met parents who may not react in an adult way. Those parents who are responsible have already involved thier kids...we are talking about parents who would rather hunt by themselves @ thanksgiving and Xmas than bring their kid along...

Heck..If I can live with Obama...