Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 
Default Calling all Area Code House of Representative memberss

Hey I've been talking to Beleg and Stewy. I think we want to revive this House of Representtives Idea. This group would be kind of a grass roots organization to get together with other LSBA members and promote bowhunting in their Area code designation. I think that if this is done right it could be a huge support group for the Mother organization.

Here's some suggestions. Why not have either window Decals or Bumper stickers. Then if you spot someones sticker you can post it hear, and maybe even pull em over and meet em. I also think that HOR T shirts and maybe even an HOR regional or state get together and party, hunt, shoot, picnic like the Bownanza, etc. could work. What do you think?

If this group gets started, it would be one we would want to recognize at the banquet, along with IBEP, and members of the EC.

Of course this would also be a group we would want to go to if we needed something like folks to go to Parks and Wildlife meetings etc.

We want people to get really involved and active. Kind of like being on the EC without having to go to all those boring meetings. :>)
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
cmac

Last Activity: 11-07-2007
 @ 07:41 AM 

I thought you'd forgotten us HORs, Tom. I hope I'm still in. :?
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:54 PM   #3
Tomme

You bet you're still in Charles. I hope that this is something that goes and grows, but if it does, then you, Hogslayer, Timm etc. are going to have to be the folks that make it happen. I'll be happy to be a cheerleader and will kick in with ideas from time to time, but I don't want this to be an EC led group, but rather a loud, boisterous, riotous group from as many areas as we can get.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
biggen
LSBA Hall of Fame/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-04-2018
 @ 07:54 PM 

sounds good to me!! by the way any official word on the elections yet?!
biggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
kodiak

Send a message via Yahoo to kodiak
Last Activity: 06-18-2009
 @ 07:13 PM 

Sounds good to me also... I think it's a workable idea that has a lot of merit, the possibilities are unlimited..

Kodiak

"To help someone else to enjoy our sport is the definition of a "True Sportsman""
kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
RSATT

Last Activity: 10-11-2011
 @ 10:14 PM 

I'm still In
RSATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #7
Tomme

I'd like to make some suggestions. You guys need to select some active type loudmouth to lead the House of Representatives (kind of like the parent organzation). Then decide what you want to do in terms of group recognition symbols. Like LSBA -HOR window decals. Maybe with a space to add the area code #, T-shirts, your own hunt, etc. Then make a chart of all the area codes and start recruiting folks, Bownanza, the banquet, the hunts might be good places.

I think maybe we were too limiting last time. We wanted one House Representative (or maybe two) from each area code. That person would have to be willing to work in an informal way to promote bowhunting and LSBA in his or her area and could be a contact point for the EC regional representative. I'm thinking now, why limit it to one or two. Bring on anyone willing, get them a window or bumper sticker and get going.

First you need the loudmouth though and while I have several ideas you guys pick....
Old 02-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #8
kodiak

Send a message via Yahoo to kodiak
Last Activity: 06-18-2009
 @ 07:13 PM 

Tomme,

I would suggest Timm Getts and Bob Gagnon as co-loudmouths :lol: , since this was decided upon before within the HOR :?: . Just my humble suggestion.

Kodiak

"To help someone else to enjoy our sport is the definition of a "True Sportsman""
kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
proforce99

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 02-06-2017
 @ 10:07 PM 

Call out to the House of Representatives. The organization needs your help with raffle prizes for the banquet. Get out and beg, borrow, or whatever to try to get as many items as possible to make this auction/raffle a big success for the organization. Thanks, Gary
proforce99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #10
tinman

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 10-11-2011
 @ 10:21 PM 

Quote:
...active type loudmouth...
Gotta watch those types...always sticking a foot in their mouth. :lol:

Is Timm the HOR rep for the Dallas area? I have some ideas I'd like to discuss for our area.
"Today there is no need to battle with the beasts of prey and little necessity to kill wild animals for food; but still the instinct persists. The love of the chase still thrills us and all the misty past echoes with the hunters call."

Saxton Pope
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #11
Stew1tx

Send a message via AIM to Stew1tx Send a message via Yahoo to Stew1tx
Last Activity: 01-15-2009
 @ 09:58 PM 

The Thread whisperer strikes again....

Let's resurect this idea.... The more folks we have out there obligated to preach the word, the faster we will grow....

I am going to try and get some equipment donated at some point. I am going to work with Bob and try and get with all the major companies and see if we can get youth/universal bows. I do not know why any of them would not want to be the first bow in someone's hand.

Brian Steward

"Shoot straight, shoot your own game and pray for a heart shot and your sure to prosper" OH YEA-------BREATH. DEEPLY!
Stew1tx is offline   Reply With Quote