Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Public Hunting Opportunities
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
chicote

@ 06:00 PM 
Default Amistad NRA -The best kept secret in Texas

The best kept secret in Texas is Amistad NRA. Situated on the United States-Mexico Border, in Val Verde County, Amistad NRA has very diverse terrain that encompasses acres of magnificent contrasts, spectacular canyons, draws, ridge lines and valleys with desert climate throughout the five hunting area which are open for bow hunting during the archery season and general deer season. If you are looking for an extreme bow hunting adventure ,Texas style, Amistad is for you. Amistad bow hunting is hardcore - bare ground, no baiting, no ATVs or four wheelers. Its raw, tough, primitive and Extreme.

Last edited by chicote; 09-27-2009 at 07:40 PM..
Old 07-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Ronny
LSBA Region 75 Rep/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 06-09-2016
 @ 05:36 AM 

Sounds like a good place to hunt.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 

Thanks for the info. There are many bowhunters that are looking for public land hunting. Bob
Old 09-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
chicote

Bowhunting update forAmistad NRA. Archery Only hunting. Crossbows are not allowed except for upper limb disabilities. Texas crossbows regulations do not apply on Federal land. Bows must be unloaded and cased during transportation. Long, recurve and compound bows may be used during archery and general hunting season. The possession or use of crossbows is prohibited in Amistad NRA Hunt Areas, except by those hunters with an upper-limb disability as defined by Texas Parks and Wildlife Regulations (new park regulation).

Last edited by chicote; 09-27-2009 at 07:47 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
bowonly68

thats not the best kept secret anymore...someone has made a website about amistad and now theres a big crowd...i went and people with kids walking and talking and trying to push these deer to someone else...why would this guy "Tony G" who has already been in jail for scamming people and was on the houston news...yeah i checked him out...i know of a lot of amistad hunters who have been going there for years who are not happy....why would he do this?because he cant find a real job ....he's a professional scam artist look him up.........signed,"lookin 4 a new place to hunt"
Old 11-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
JvT

Last Activity: 07-24-2022
 @ 11:34 PM 

First I have heard of it, but If that is so, you might want to share a little more information on the "scam artist" part or any link you might have to a news article. Especially considering that website accepts memberships into Amistad Bowhunter Alliance for a fee and takes payment for same with credit cards.
JvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
Ruben

Bowonly68, Can't we all get along! Why is someone offend about someone sharing information on a website about public land. Isn't Public land for everyone to use or has that changed too. People lighten up. Have we come to point where only locals are allowed to hunt the areas around them. I paid the state of TEXAS to hunt anywhere in Texas with my license, so why get mad and upset about someone putting up a website. sound childish to me.
I checked out the site and its great with alot of info. The way I see it , You have a choice to hunt anywhere you like, even public land.
I always thought Bowhunters were above all of that, but by the way some people act on this forum I guess I was wrong.
I have a secret spot in Texas too.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
onestep

Hey Guys, whats up with all the hate posting (Bowonly68) I Though bowhunters are a better class than that. Don't we have enought haters with the antihunting crowd. I support Public land hunting with my public use permit every year and have met alot of wonderful guys in the field, and yet to meet a hater among them. The word Public means everyone, and it doesn't means this is for local hunters only. I don't get it.
As for the Amistadbowhunter.com website, its one of the best websites I've run across on the internet. I read their articles, mission, purpose and it has alot of great information about hunting Amistad NRA. Oh Yea guys ,the membership are FREE, but if you want to be a supporting member its your choice. I never hunted there before but sounds like a great place to hunt. Thanks for your post on Amistad I'm going to make it a point to hunt there next year. Only in Texas can You find a great place to hunt on Public land.

Last edited by onestep; 12-22-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Old 12-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
thunderstick

Hey, onestep, ruben and chicote Thank you for turnning me on to the best kept secret in Texas. I'm a big supporter of Public hunting too guys, and I pay my dues to hunt anywhere in Texas, thats what makes Texas so great. I'm also a Texas Veteran who served this country so that idiots can say what they want about others, but if you can't say something nice about someone, don't open your mouth and let people know how much of an idiot you really are.
Oh Yea, Amistadbowhunter.com is a great site with lots of excellant information about hunting in amistad NRA. I highly recommend for anyone wanting to hunt there. I became a member for FREE and will become a supporting member too. I believe in their mission to promote bowhunting on Public land.
Thank You LSBA for this great forum.