Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Bweger

Last Activity: 11-07-2011
 @ 10:25 AM 
Default Hog down

The recap first.
I went in this afternoon and pulled the card on my camera and put out some more soured corn. When I looked at the pictures I saw that a big group of hogs had come in the night before just before dark. I hooked it home and got my camo and night vision monocular then hauled butt back. I got parked and got everythig ready except I had forgot to put a memory card in my Nikon. I looked out into the wheat field as I walked toward my stand and there were already a big herd of hogs out in it grazing. I snuck to my feeder and pulled the card out of my trail cam put it in my Nikon and climbed my tree without any of the hogs busting me. I sat up there taking pictures and watching them work their way toward me. I was talkin to a buddy on the phone when more hogs started coming into the field. I had to quit counting at 78 because I had a group closing in on me pretty quick. Well as they reached the 70 yard mark they turned and started away from me. The whole herd was heading away from me but stayed against the tree line. I slipped out of my tree and eased down the tree line on the opposite side from the hogs and got to a spot where there was a trail through the trees. I slipped into the trees on that trail and setup ahead of the hogs. All of the real big hogs stayed out in the field but I had a group of 30 to 60 pounders get within 30 yards. I picked out the spotted one and came to full draw. Just before I could shoot the whole group turned away from me. Spot made the mistake of only turning part way si I shot him in the back quarter and the rage broadhead sliced all the way up to his briscuit and he only went about 10 feet then fell over. The other hogs headed for the brush so I took some pics and headed home.
honey hole 2010 153.JPG

honey hole 2010 154.JPG

honey hole 2010 155.JPG

honey hole 2010 141.JPG

honey hole 2010 164.JPG

Prostaff-Team MOFEA
Bweger is offline   Reply With Quote