Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #16
mesquitecountry

Last Activity: 06-23-2010
 @ 08:34 PM 

Quote:
I really haven't read anywhere that you have been branded a gun hunter. I would be one of those that made a rifle kill this year. It is legal to do so during the General Season. Not that it matters since I made a legal kill in a legal season but this is on a piece of property where I'm not set up to bow hunt and I don't know the neighbors should a tracking job be necessary. It doesn't change my mind at all about the October youth season.
Bill,

When did I question the legality of what you did? I did no such thing.

Quote:
Travis, If you can't appreciate that a bowhunting organization supports BOWhunting, then there's no argument, no discussion. That's just my opinion.

Jack or Marty or one of the 78 reps will have to ban you, because I won't. Its not my place. Haven't seen any cause to ban you yet anyway...
I've already heard inklings of it being called for. I guess I'm not allowed to state my opinion as you said there is no discussion, no argument. Then the poll and the petition and the formal announcement are all for show. As a member our opinion does not matter. Because the EC decides the way we're going to act no matter what.

And Tracy, there are several things that have been said to me that you dont know about that were out of line when pushing bowhunting only.

You keep saying voice of the bowhunters in Texas. Clearly you are not my voice nor the others that voted for this. LSBA has about 1% of the bowhunters in Texas as members. I'd bet that the other 99% doesnt realize that you speak for them as well. Just saying a little more open ears to what the "rest of us" simpletons have to say would have been appreciated.

We all will be the death of our own sport. Sadly.

Like I said earlier. If yall wish to ban me go ahead and do it. But you can guarantee this. I will never stop promoting hunting.

Dena,

Please forward me reminders to donate money to the youth shooting seminars. If I'm not allowed to be a voice then I will gladly just send a check to the worthy cause.

Greatest Smiley Ever
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #17
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

The EC is controlled by the bylaws. The bylaws state the organization is reliant on the bow season. (I'm paraphrasing) So, any threat to the bow/archery season is a threat the EC must oppose. Firearms in the archery only season is such a threat. Even if they are in the hands of the youth, it circumvents the use of archery equipment in the season that bowhunters fought and paid for. I don't understand why you don't get this.

There are too many alternatives for the youth the commission could pursue; January, February, September, Winter break, Thanksgiving... Instead, they've got the hots for the bowhunters and the archery season. Has NOTHING to do with the kids, nor management. They just feel like they've got something to prove.

Once again; this is MY opinion. Just as the last comments were.

Old coot in training
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #18
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-06-2010
 @ 11:26 AM 

ok I placed calls to both my reps & the pres, unfortunately they are all out of pocket. Bear if you would please fwd the e-mail to
bustedassranch@hotmail.com
Thank you
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #19
bustedassranch

Thank you Jack & Dena for the calls.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #20
txhunter
Administrator

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 09-12-2016
 @ 08:05 PM 

Busted, very respectable. You are da'man...
Old 11-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #21
mesquitecountry

Quote:
Firearms in the archery only season is such a threat.
Didnt you just recently kill a deer on a MLD property? You know MLD already has permission to hunt october. Why are you hunting MLD if it's a direct threat on bowhunting.

Quote:
September
So you want kids to rifle hunt before bow hunters? I'm not following you tracy.

Dena,

At your convenience.

If you have time I'd appreciate it if you could respond to my questions. If you dont feel I'm worth the time just say so and I will not bother LSBA with my "voice" any longer.

Greatest Smiley Ever

Last edited by mesquitecountry; 11-25-2008 at 10:13 AM..
Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #22
LostHawg

Travis,
I killed that deer on NOVEMBER 15. WHERE was I in the wrong?

You know, Travis, I think you WANT to cause trouble. I think you want to cause discord. Why is that? Is it just your nature to cause trouble? Are you just seeing what button it takes to push to get banned? You keep commenting as though we're out to get you, but there has been NO evidence of that as of yet?

Old coot in training

Last edited by LostHawg; 11-25-2008 at 10:50 AM..
Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #23
mesquitecountry

Quote:
You know, Travis, I think you WANT to cause trouble. I think you want to cause discord. Why is that? Is it just your nature to cause trouble? Are you just seeing what button it takes to push to get banned? You keep commenting as though we're out to get you, but there has been NO evidence of that as of yet?
Oh Tracy. How far you are from the truth is unreal. I'm not looking to get banned. If I wanted to get banned, I'd throw out about 26 cuss words and tell everyone to go to you know where. I'm in this to support hunting and if you see me as trouble because I give a dang about hunting rights then I'm sorry. It is what it is.

Because I dont agree with your way of life I'm the one that is out to cause trouble? How does that make sense. Even people who are on your side on this issue agree that a general consensus was not taken before this was announced. So is it that I'm causing trouble or is it you dont want to hear the "voice" of bowhunters.

Your job as representative is to listen to your members, not tell your members. I dont need the bylaws to know that. Joey and I disagree all the time but he will always listen to what I have to say. You dont see the region 78 reps on here blasting away telling me what my opinion is.

When aw became a sponsor here I warned Brandon what was going to happen. Then of course what happened, buff lost out on a lot of money and had a lot of issues with his heads. Unfortunately his hands were tied.

And yes Tracy, it has been talked about by a couple of EC members. I have found out through the grapevine. If we say we are the voice of bowhunters. Dont you think we need the voice to tell us what to do?

Tracy hunting on mld is support of mld. Which you say you're against.

Greatest Smiley Ever

Last edited by mesquitecountry; 11-25-2008 at 11:13 AM..
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #24
LostHawg

Well, I don't know what to tell you Travis....

And you're only telling a half truth about my stance on MLD and you know it.

Old coot in training
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #25
BUFF
Just Me

Last Activity: 02-24-2016
 @ 02:07 PM 

Travis
Please give me a call at 903-576-1951. I'm at my lease and having to get online with a dialup. I have never heard any roomers or anyone suggest you be banned. I wish you would get more involved. I for one would welcome you to run for a EC position. I would expect you do understand you are in the minority on this issue. Every phone call and e-mail I have received on this issue has been in support of fighting this as best we can. You know I'm not very good at arguing on the web sites so I try to avoid it as best as I can but would injoy discussing my position with you any time I think you are a very interesting fellow.
Buff
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #26
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

Last Activity: 07-29-2019
 @ 02:25 PM 

Travis:

What questions do you want answered?

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #27
mesquitecountry

Dena,

I'm not even sure myself anymore. I give up arguing. It's not worth my stress to keep arguing this. I'm officially out of all arguments with everyone on this. It's not worth it to me. I'll continue to support LSBA but my "voice" will now be silent.

Greatest Smiley Ever
Old 11-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #28
BearOmni

Send a message via Yahoo to BearOmni
Last Activity: 08-23-2010
 @ 11:16 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedassranch View Post
ok I placed calls to both my reps & the pres, unfortunately they are all out of pocket. Bear if you would please fwd the e-mail to
bustedassranch@hotmail.com
Thank you
Just sent them.
BearOmni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #29
BearOmni

Send a message via Yahoo to BearOmni
Last Activity: 08-23-2010
 @ 11:16 PM 

MC,
You have the LSBA VP asking you to call him and Dena offering to answer any of your questions.
And this is your response??
Quote:
It's not worth my stress to keep arguing this. I'm officially out of all arguments with everyone on this. It's not worth it to me. I'll continue to support LSBA but my "voice" will now be silent.
When people openly offer to listen and understand your side of things you revert to the old "I'll take my toys and go home" tactic.

I respect you, and look forward to your input on this site and others. I think you are a very smart person who feels passionately about his opinions. There is nothing wrong with that, just dont turn your back on people who are going out of their way to help you.

(Just my opinion but your response to Dena sounded rude, and was uncalled for ...again just my opinion.)
BearOmni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #30
bustedassranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHawg View Post
The EC is controlled by the bylaws. The bylaws state the organization is reliant on the bow season. (I'm paraphrasing) So, any threat to the bow/archery season is a threat the EC must oppose.

Once again; this is MY opinion. Just as the last comments were.
Can you please tell me section and or sub section you seen this? I have read them several times now & cant find it.
Thanks