Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
timhicks

Last Activity: 06-24-2011
 @ 01:48 PM 
Default Smack down at the 4-B ranch part 1

A few of staff at Texasboars were asked by Paul to come and help out on a deer cull hunt at the 4B-Ranch. http://www.4B-Ranch.com I was more than ready as I was already out of deer meat so I got permission from the boss/Jennifer.
I was able to hitch a free ride with Texasboars/Kevin Reyer and Patrick for the short trip to a heavenly place. From the moment the surrounding's started to change I knew this was going to be a blast. We pulled out around 4:30 at Kevins hose and away we went.
Pulled in the gate at about 9:00 down and pulled down to the lodge where we were great by Paul Bilberry owner of the 4B. I had missed the staff bird hunt a few months back becaus of work so this my first time to meet Paul. I cant say enough of how nice he and his wife were. I really cant say enough of how nice the lodging was or how it was to be catered to like I was a special client.

I met a few of Pauls family as he cooked up some back strap and we had some great fellowship.
Our job was to cull out some spikes,forked horns,,and tagged does and older does.
Sat morning
I was the first one up so I started coffee and took care of business
We were dropped off at our stands promptly and I awaited to shoot.
I was very nervous..been a while since I have shot a deer with a rifle. As it gets light I count about 8 deer out in front and 2 very nice 130"deer in front of me..There was game moving everywhere I wathed the big russian boar fighting and wallowing/rubbing behind me and black bucks and whitetail all in front.Texasboars starts shooting and he really doesnt stop..
Texasboars shoots 5 deer from his stand as I see a doe moving closer and she has a tag in her ear..I decided to let her get closer but it didnt happen..Patrick had shot a deer and the hogs were actually carrying it off.
So trucks started to move and my doe ran back into the thick.
The ranch bioligist and guide Matt is able to rescue the deer minus a shoulder and some innards.
Wow what a morning.
We get back and Matt and I clean all the deer and we have an awsome breakfast of pancakes and eggs . My bad for not taking pics of inside the lodge but the web site is full of them.
I go ahead and head out with Matt to check his hog traps nearby on another place and hes got 3 in two different traps. I hhelp him remove the hogs but this young man is a nut..thats all I will say on this.
head out for the evening hunt and I was able to snap a few photos.

Pro staff TimH@hawglite.com
timhicks is offline   Reply With Quote