Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:
 
Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
bountyhunter
Senior Member
 
bountyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
LSBA Region: 77
Location: Dickinson/Zavalla
Posts: 738
Points: 4505.00
Last Activity: 09-06-2012
 @ 04:35 PM 
Default

It was a blast helping the kids build an arrow. They went from a raw shaft and full length feathers to a complete arrow. Chopping the feathers was one of the biggest hits of the whole process.

I can bring some materials to the banquet and offer it to the kids. It was really an after thought for OJAM and I wasn't really prepared well so the cost was $8.00 an arrow. I think I can get that down to about $5.00 an arrow. I'm going to also want to have the shafts pre-cut to various kids lengths and already tapered. That was some of the most time consuming part of the whole process. My wife shot a lot of video of the kids so I'll put together some clips and post them later.
__________________
Bounty Hunter Traditional Arrows
832-226-3719
bhtamail@verizon.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bounty...v=wall&ref=sgm

Last edited by bountyhunter; 03-22-2011 at 09:12 AM..
bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
2017 Lone Star Bowhunters Association
Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk