Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:
 
Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,504
Points: 2115.00
Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 
Default

I think it was a really good meeting and I think that we may well get some items passed that we have been in favor of for a long time. For example, there were no weekend archery hunts at any of the state parks. Even if they only do youth hunts, it would be a great opportunity at a low cost. If these come up we need to support them.

As Jack mentioned we need a strong show of support going into the January meeting. Hopefully the original proposal will die there. If not, we have January to March to change their minds and that will be the time unleash an avalanche of phone calls, letters, emails, etc. to everyone at Parks and Wildlife up to the Governor.

One thing that was brought up at the meeting that I think we should pass on. Carter Smith, head of Parks and Wildlife wanted to assure us that one of the commissioner's remarks (Commissioner Parker?) was misconstrued and that he was NOT against bowhunters.

I believe that statement. I also believe that when he made it, he was misguided. By misguided, he was solely focusing on the need to get more youth into the out of doors and was unaware of the harm that the proposal would do to an established season. I think LSBA and the bowhunters of this state have shown him it's a bad idea, and have also proposed some better ways to get youth involved. The ball is now back in the commissioners court, I for one will be interested in seeing what they do with it in January.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
2017 Lone Star Bowhunters Association
Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk