View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
BUFF
Just Me

I was seventeen when I shot my first deer with a bow. I had been trying to get that done for 5 years and when it finally came to pass, I was not able to find either deer. This was mostly due to poor shot placement and even poorer tracking ability. I didn’t even know anyone else that bow hunted so I only had what knowledge I had gained from old magazines my mother brought home as a guide. Needless to say I was doing most every thing wrong. After my defeat, I swore off bow hunting. I had a perfectly good 30/30 and planned on doing all my hunting with it.

Fast forward two years and you find me working as a helper on a job site in Dallas. There was a old man (maybe forty) working there that I was told bow hunted. I told him my story and the next day he changed my life forever.

At lunch he pulled out a photo album full of pictures of animals he had taken with his bow. Deer, Bear, Antelope and even an Elk, I was blown away. He gave me one piece of advice some thirty years ago that is still as true today as it was then. He said “Boy shoot them in the lungs and don’t shoot if you can’t get both”. I have traveled the world and killed hundreds of animals since that day. I have never lost a deer that I shot through both lungs.
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote