View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
Trailboss
Super Moderator

When I was 12 years old, Santy Claus brought me a brand new Ben Pearson solid fiberglass bow, complete with plastic quiver and 3 wooden arrows with field tips. I didn’t even know what a broadhead was back then.

After church on Sundays, our routine was to travel from my home town of Olney, TX to my aunt and uncle’s place at Archer City, TX for Sunday dinner. While the old folks either watched football on TV or played a game of 42, my brother and I would grab our BB guns or in this case, my bow and head to the pasture.

On this day, we soon came up on this unsuspecting armadillo and I cut loose at him with my trusty bow and arrow. Struck him right in the end of the nose! The race was on and he dropped the arrow right off and ducked into a nearby armadillo hole.

My brother grabbed him by the tail and tried with all his might to pull him out. But the armadillo would kinda swell his body against the sides of the hole and he couldn’t budge him.

Well, about this time I had a flash of brilliance.

My brother held onto his tail and pulled as hard as he could. I took my arrow and jabbed him (the armadillo) right in the bung hole! When he kinda sucked up, my brother yanked him out!

I was then able to get another shot on him before he made his escape and well – the rest is history.

Trailboss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg first bow kill.JPG (52.6 KB, 11 views)
Trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote