View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
howie1968

160 lb boar with mathews ignition set at 30 lbs shot at 12 yards free range complete pass through recovery less than 20 yards

33 lb parker compound shot 24 yards complete passthrough recovery 27 yards

125 lb boar shot 22 yards recovery 30 yards complete passthrough

200 lb boar 23 inches buried into shoulder 33 lb parker bow boar went 7 yards took out both lungs

tough african billy 149 lbs double lung passthrough 26 yards shot 33 lb parker bow

i can show picture after picture of animals much tougher than a 100 lb whitail i manage a hunting ranch where i routinely see big hogs taken cleanely by youth ladies and the elderly with bow draw eights less then 40 lbs, on another note im recently recovering from a brain surgey i can lo longer draw my 72 lb SWXT i can no longer pull 40 lbs comfortably, so the state of Texas says i am not legal to hunt, but i can take my old hoyt bow and at 35 lbs can @ 20 yards and pick the heart out of a 3-D deer all day long. there are numberous eldery who just cannot pull 40 lbs legally. should they be forced to stop hunting?? I think not. your wife who is small in statue wants to learn bowhunting, she is a great shot but cannot pull 40 but can nock the bull out of a target at 20, should she not be allowed to hunt because of a ridiculous rile?? I think not. your 12 yr old daughter wants to bow hunt been practicing for years starting with longbows then switching to compounds shoots some 200 lb hogs gets passthroughs since hogs are a non game animal it is legal to shoot them with a draw weight less then 40 lbs, ladies and gentlemn when i posted this on texasbowhunter.com last yr it crushed me aster seeing my dayghter work so hard to get up to 35 lbs she could not kill this buck i9 have no doubt that buck would have met his match. i can demonstrate that i can push a firld point arrow through the body of a hog or any animal with hand pressure along. i do this for a living i see every day the truth. i am a humane and ethical hunter pick my shots i believe in n lowering the weight would ya rather have a kid bowhunting or in the streets would ya rather have an elderly family member stuck at home watching tv or out bowhuntiong?? trust me we all will go through an injury or get old ourselve thinka bout it all join forces and make the 35 lb rule a reality. in colorado 35 lbs for elk a 700 lb elk is alot tougher than a 100 lb deer
howie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote