View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #292
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

New Belgium Hoptober Golden Ale
New Belgium Brewing | Fort Collins, Colorado USA
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Blonde/Golden Ale

This one is hoppy all the way through from start to finish. Crisp and very refreshing; an easy drinking brew for sure! Not a bad brew but I am not all too excited about the hops though (must be the malt-head in me!). Something there just does not grab my fancy; maybe if it had a bit more mellowing from the sweet malts. It’s not bad but just something not quite to my liking.

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Saint Arnold Oktoberfest
Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Houston, Texas USA

Style: Oktoberfest/Marzen

One of the more robust and flavorful Oktoberfest style brews that I have enjoyed lately! I just wish it was a tad bit thicker in the body. Another fine brew from Saint Arnold and one that is not heavy in any way so it can be enjoyed repeatedly throughout the day. This would be a good dessert type beer with some bread pudding or rum cake!

Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber Ale
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company | Portland, Oregon USA

Style: Amber Ale

What an exceptional session ale!! Easy to drink but one that causes you to go slow in order to enjoy its great flavor. Definitely a brew to share with the gang at the BBQ or fish fry! Not at all complex but still very flavorful!! Check out the ‘beer-nerd’ details for even more insights.

Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA
Harpoon Brewery | Boston, Massachusetts USA
Purchased @ Kegs & Barrels - Plano, Texas USA

Style: Imperial/Double IPA

Ohhhh my! Just found me a new staple brew to have on-hand! Delicious, crisp, refreshing, flavorful; need I go on?! YES!! This malt-head is steadily learning to appreciate the hops and brews like this are paving the way to hop-heaven! So well balanced and the flavors are just astounding. If I’m told to choose an IPA this is going to be high up on my list of choices!!

Del Norte Orale Cerveza Clara
Del Norte Brewing | Denver, Colorado USA

Style: Pale Lager

If ever a quaffer this one is it! So easy to drink and so crisp, refreshing and flavorful. Watch out brews from Mexico, this one will definitely give you a run for the peso! Forget the lime and sale and drink it straight in order to enjoy its delicious flavor! I just might have found a new brew for my BBQ/fish fry! Now that I’ve enjoy a couple of these on the slow savor, it’s time to quaff a few cause these are sooo good!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote