Thread: My New AW Bow
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
rtread

LSBA Region: 78

Not yet, Derek. Here's the deal. They are having a severe drought in south central New Mexico, too. I kept in touch with my B-I-L all off season and knew the rains weren't coming and the deer were poor. Traditionally the "monsoon" starts there in late June or July and it greens up good by September.....the deer are tolerable in Sept. and in good shape by Nov. Not this year. It didn't rain at all there until August and the deer remained in bad shape. I knew that but went out there anyway to have a look-see, put out my cameras, and mainly cool off!!
The day before the season opened I made the decision not to hunt until the November season. At that point, I hadn't seen Big Boy. I had my cameras out and on Sept. 2 he showed up during shooting hours and had I been hunting, I would have got him. He showed up several other times, once at 0830 (see pic) which is unusual for him. He was in good enough shape to shoot, had I made that decision. I'll get him in November. Sorry this ran on.....but a lot of deer stories do......

9-16-11 003 (676 x 507).jpg