View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #296
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Lagunitas New DogTown Pale Ale
Lagunitas Brewing Company | Petaluma, California USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

What an insanely delicious pale ale! Loads of hops both in flavor and aroma with just enough sweet malt to take back the edge just a tad. Very crisp, refreshing and oh-so-delicious!! This brew is light and definitely won’t weigh you down! Definitely one of the best APAs I have yet to savor!! Looking forward to many more!!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Sapporo Premium Beer
Sapporo Breweries Ltd. | Tokyo-to Tokyo-shi, Japan

Style: Pale Lager

This brew has a good sharp bite right at first and then a very smooth, mellow sweet rice flavor followed up with a sharp, dry, slightly bitter finish. A crisp, refreshing drankin’ beer. Quite flavorful for its style and definitely a good ol’ thirst quencher. A great brew for the fish fry or BBQ!

Lagunitas A Little Sumpin’ Wild
Lagunitas Brewing Company | Petaluma, California USA

Style: Belgian Strong Ale

This one can easily become one of my favorites from Lagunitas (next to their stout of course!!). Beautiful, aromatic and very flavorful. Hoppy through and through but nothing overbearing. Easy to drink but watch that ABV! The alcohol is very well hidden; but it is there! Nice ‘sting’ from the alcohol in the aftertaste. So good I was reaching for the next bottle before my glass was even empty!!

Asahi Black (Kuronama)
Asahi Breweries Ltd | Tokyo-to Tokyo-shi, Japan

Style: Dunkel

Much akin to a Guinness Foreign Extra Stout after a lap-band procedure! Very thin and watery in the light-bodied brew. This is my first dark Japanese brew to try and I must say that they have quite a ways to go to make this stout competitive with other brews in its style. It’s not a bad brew but for the style it just needs a lot more ‘oooomph’!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote