View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Default LSBA Beach Party

Still got a ways to go on this, but wanted to get everyone thinking about it.

The dates are July 13-15th and the place is Rockport, TX. You might start thinking about reservations as this is a busy beach time.

There is a blue wave beach which is great for kids and also a place to get a lot of free mullet if you can throw a cast net at all.

This is a do it yourself event in the main as in lots of fun things to do and it's more of make your own fun than a guided event. More of a get together. We do have a rough schedule which I will firm up closer to the event.

Friday night 6-10. Sign in and gather at the beach for happy hour.

Saturday morning - Sign in and fishing, also wading, bait catching, sunbathing, etc.

Saturday afternoon - mullet hunt at Salt Lake for those interested in a trophy book mullet. (Not as big as Dena's, but good enough for the record book.

Saturday evening - Fish Fry at the beach-This is free for LSBA members, but we probaly will put out a donation can. Also, I think it needs to be a bring your own sodas (or whatever).

Saturday night - Late night Flounder gigging/bowfishing

I need some folks willing to work on some committees

1. Sign in - basically pass out schedules and tell people where to go and what to do.

2. Fish Fry - We will need some deep fryers (so bring yours if you have one). We also need some cooks. I think we might spring for a shrimp and crab boil on a limited basis as well. We voted to make this free with maybe a can for donations. Do we want to cook what we catch or go buy it at HEB? Basically I need a cooking committee.

3. Bowfishing committee - This would help put on the Mullet shoot at Salt Lake, and if interested could also do a Flounder shoot Saturday night.

4. Fishing Committee - Not sure we need a committee for this, but anyone bringing a boat who is willing to take folks out might get something going. There is a pier at the park and a lot of people wade fish in the area at what is called Little Bay which is next to the park.

4. Clean up committee.

This is just a first thought and probably others can chime in here too. But what do you think?
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote