View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
BrandonH

I hunted there last summer and had a blast. Curtis will try everything to get you on whatever game you are going after. I went looking for either an axis or blackbuck and ended up taking a quality blackbuck home with me. When I was there he had numerous blackbuck between 18 and 22+" with some real massive ones in the bunch. The axis were pretty elusive, but the ones I saw were nice and I remember Curtis sending me pics of a 34"+ axis that a guy took only a few days after my hunt. The ranch layout is nice with the front portion being wide open fields where the blackbuck and oryx like to hang out and the rear is all thick brush. After scouting for about a half day I realized that the best way to hunt is to find the animals travel routes from the open field to the brush and try to setup on them. He did have feeders and feed routes established, but last summer was so green they didn't care one bit for the corn. The blackbuck in the pic below is the one I took at Double Arrow. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

-Brandon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 075.JPG (111.7 KB, 145 views)