View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Bullrdr82
LSBA Region 77 Rep

Default Uvalde "Tree Rat"

Went and spent a couple days out in Uvalde over new years. It was useasonably warm during the day.

My girlfriend got her bow for Christmas, so she wanted to get some practice in during the day. While we were shooting at the target this squirrel kept barking and carring on outside the camp fence. We shot a few rounds and Jackie asked if I thought I could hit the squirrel. I told her I could and she wanted me to prove it.

Well, now comes the hard part, actually doing it. I grabbed an arrow and took off toward the tree where he was sitting. I slowly walked up to him, and he did not even pay any attention to me. I got to about 20 yards and decided not to try and get any closer.

I drew back, settled in, and got a good solid anchor. As he stood up in the crook of the tree, I settled the pin on his head and slowly released the arrow. I knew right away it was on the mark. The squirrel hit the dirt and made his way to the brush line about 10 feet from the tree. That is where he ended up.

This is the first squirrel I have ever shot with my bow, and the first animal I have harvested with an audiance. It was a great feeling to make the shot under pressure.

After I shot I looked back at my girlfriend and told her, we should have gotten that one on video!! Oh well, next time I will remember.

Here are a few pics.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1079.JPG (31.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1080.JPG (34.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1081.JPG (29.9 KB, 43 views)

I didn't do it... It wasn't me.... It was my evil twin brother!!!!

"It's like flyin down some back road at midnight, with your eyes closed, and the headlights off!!!"
Bullrdr82 is offline   Reply With Quote