View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #304
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Ommegang Rare Vos
Cooperstown, New York USA
Purchased @ Kegs & Barrels - Plano, Texas USA

Style: Belgian Ale

Flemish for “Sly Fox”, this brew is fruity & spicy all in one tasty package! Insanely aromatic and full of robust flavors! Definitely a fine brew to pair up with some spicy mussels or grilled halibut! A very fine rendition of a Belgian ale. I did notice some light sediment (yeast) floating around the bottom of the bottle/glass. Just give it a slight shake to break it up and enjoy!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Milton, Delaware USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

Now that my taste buds are continuing to appreciate a good IPA, I’m finding the ones from DFH to be very flavorful and a good brew to pair up with various meals. This is a very solid brew indeed! I did find the flavors becoming more robust as the beer slowly warmed up. ‘Twas an excellent pairing with my wild hog tamales!

Bosteels Tripel Karmeliet
Belgium

Style: Abbey Tripel

Now this is one delightful tripel! The carbonation keeps the flavors lively on the palate! The flavors in this brew are abundant and very well-balanced. Slightly heavy on the ABV, but definitely a brew to enjoy in the evening a couple of times over! Great as a dessert brew but one that I would also pair up with a creamy/cheese chicken-n-pasta meal!

Westmalle Dubbel
Belgium

Style: Abbey Dubbel

Ah the dubbel fascination continues! The Westmalle Dubbel is a ‘true’ trappist ale as it is still brewed by monks at the Westmalle Abbey in Belgium. Very complex and full of robust flavors. A perfect brew to pair up with some lamb chops or perhaps a hearty roast beef meal. Not a bad dubbel, and though considered by some as the benchmark for dubbels, there are several others that are to be better appreciated.

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote