View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #284
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Hoegaarden Wit-Blanche
Brouwerij van Hoegaarden | Hoegaarden, Belgium
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Belgian White (Witbier)

This was my first time trying this witbier from Hoegaarden (who-garden). It is very flavorful and not overly sweet like most witbiers are and that is a great plus for me! This is a great summer-time brew, especially here in Texas! Loaded up with great aromas of fresh-cut hay and a zesty lemon flavored bite from start to finish. Next fish fry I’m having I know that plenty of these will be on ice awaiting to accompany all those delicious fish meals!!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Ayinger Ur-Weisse
Privatbrauerei Franz Inselkammer KG / Brauerei Aying | Aying, Germany

Style: Dunkelweizen

My goodness this was one flavorful brew! This excellent brew is chock full of ripe apple flavors and I’m already wishing I had me a hot apple pie to pair this up with! But this brew seemed like an apple pie in disguise! Loads of apples, cloves and other spices fill this brew from start to finish and long afterward! When ya find some of this brew, get a few bottles and enjoy!

Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company | Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA

Style: Wheat Ale

This was one tasty brew that had some rather odd thoughts running through my mind. Smelled like lime sherbet with Sprite poured over it and had sliced up lemons in as well. I wonder what it would taste like if this beer was substituted for the Sprite??!! This is a good “light” brew to enjoy during this hot Texas summer! Lots of flavors of lemon and muddled mint leaves!

Brooklyn Pilsner
Brooklyn Brewery | Brooklyn, New York USA

Style: Pilsner

Not a bad brew but nothing overly exciting about it. A bit thin and watery for my preferences but would not be a bad choice for the cookout or fish fry. Not very heavy so it won’t weigh you down if you decide to enjoy a few.

Moinette Blonde
Brasserie Dupont sprl | Tourpes-Leuze, Belgium

Style: Belgian Strong Ale

This brew is insanely aromatic and intensely delicious! Brews of this style are great right when they are bottled and shipped but get a few and age them out a few years and you’ll be deliciously amazed! Like a fine wine, these get better with age! A brew of this nature is one that I would recommend sipping slowly and all by itself. Pairing it up with foods would only serve to detract from it’s intense flavors: sweet, sour, spicy, fruity. Words cannot adequately describe a brew of this quality. So I suggest you go get some and try for yourself! Prosit!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote