Thread: Cull down
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78

I have been to the lease 3 times this year. First time was for 9 days, second time was over Thanksgiving for 4 days, and this time was going to be about 14 days till this guy walked out I made it home after 10 days, with over well over 100 hours in the stand this year.
The rut is just starting to kick in down in Kinney county. I have passed several young bucks including one earlier in the afternoon. This guy came in & put on a heck of show for me making a scrape less than 20 yards from me. He chased a doe out of the feeder never giving me a shot and my heart sank. This dude circled the feeder pen for about 20 minutes before coming back in to a pile of throw corn mixed with Kool-aid 15 yards in front of the blind. I made the classic wheeled bow mistake & drew way too early. He faced me for what seemed like 5 minutes with me at full draw. I hear what sounds like movement to my right & think dont spook him! Then I realize the movement is my heart trying to come out of my chest. He finally turns broadside & I touch off my release. The Grim Reaper did the rest.
I wait 20 minutes (felt like 20 hours) to go just find my arrow. When I walk up to where the throw corn is all I see is blood everywhere, & a buck laying not 20 or 30 yards away! "Thank you lord" was all I could say.
Equipment used
BowTech Liberty @ 62 pounds
Easton Axis
Grim Reaper broad heads

Thanks yall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7 small.JPG (82.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by bustedassranch; 12-15-2008 at 09:15 PM..
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote