View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #25
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

I don't really care if a bow company makes crossbows. I do care if for monetary gain they try to change an archery only season to allow crossbows.

I too dispute the numbers in the early post of 500,000 to 300,000 crossbow hunters. I'd like to know that that's based on.

Finally I am getting so sick of people calling me names because I object to someone wanting to take away the archery season. I don't care what you hunt with in the general season. I also don't care if you lobby for a special season of your own, but it really puts irritates me to be continually charged with not supporting other hunters just because I oppose crossbows in the Texas Special archery season. The folks pushing crossbows are the greatest divisive force in the hunting community.

Finally we are losing hunters every day not because crossbows aren't allowed in an extra season. It's due to habitat destruction and the fact that hunting grows more and more expensive every year. I can remember the $300 family lease. Today, with fewer places to hunt and the switch to QDM most ranches will only allow the one hunter, with a very limited harvest. It's hard to buy 4 spots at $2,500 a year. Crossbows will not solve this problem and the divisive push by crossbow manufacturers.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote