View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #1
HuntingPreacher

LSBA Region: 77
Default Grunts and Gobbles check list.

I am so excited about our upcoming hunt! Many of those signed up have never hunted the famous Brushy Hill ranch and some have never hunted at all! Don't worry we are gonna take care of you and make this an awesome experience. Here is a list of a few things you might want to gather between now and the hunt.....
1. A camouflage hunting outfit complete with gloves and a face mask. (Turkeys have good eyes so a mask or paint is necessary.)
2. Pop up ground blind big enough to shoot your bow from. We will have a few set up for you but you may want to set up your own. Feeders and corn route will be active so you will have lots of choices of where to hunt! You can make a brush blind if you prefer.
3. Limb trimmers or pruning shears. You will want something to help you cut brush for your blind. The better your blind is hidden the more success you will have.
4. A comfortable chair. Bring your own chair that is comfortable and quite. The longer you sit the luckier you will get! You might also use this chair to sit in around the camp hanging out.
5. Rubber boots. A good pair of rubber boots will help keep your scent down to a minimum for those wary hogs.
6. Plenty of arrows and broadheads. I recommend a good cut on contact broadhead for the hogs but that's just me! Also bring arrows with field points for target shooting.
7. Stabilizer light and lighted pins. You may want to hog hunt after dark! We planned this trip around the full moon so you could night hunt better but sight lights will help. I also recommend a good range finder to help you judge distances.
8. Sleeping bag or bedding, a pillow and towels. Beds are provided but bring your own linens!
9. Phone charger. If you can't do without it then bring a charger because your phone will use a lot of juice constantly searching for signal. Service is spotty in some places on the ranch and better in others.
10. Bring a smile and a great attitude because we are going to have a blast!

I'll update you as we get closer but until then be sure to practice your shooting! No misses or bad shots allowed!

Last edited by HuntingPreacher; 02-12-2017 at 10:08 PM..
HuntingPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote