Thread: Tred Barta
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #20
grizz

Thanks for the input! I was looking thru the tips/suggesttions and posts and found some good stuff. I didn't realize the tuning effort involved! Like I said..a good challenge for the offseason...wouldn't hunt with one for awhile I would think..

Was looking at the Black Widow sponsors link and I'm not adverse to spending that cash IF THE product QUALITY/Service supports the cost. I *knew* some trads who use the BW but that's the extent of my knowlege. I hope to semi-retire soon and will have ample time to travel/hunt.

Any suggestions as to which BW..I'm a treestand hunter and need a short bow. I do hunt bear so I'd like some KE.

Whats the PTF,PMA,PSA, PSR nominclature translation

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a one piece bow vs the take down bow? Can you have multiple Weight limbs that are interchangeable so you can change for different game situations?

Lastly, just wondering do you all "hold" and shoot on deer or snap shoot instintively (after much practice, I know)..how long can a "normal" guy hold drawn w/o letoff? Tred looked like he snap shoots and Buff said Tred was a "good shot" so is this the hunting style?

I'm getting serious about getting one so again..any ifo is aprreciated.

BossBowman..I'll call and check those contacts out.

Again...lots of info and Thanks for offers to help! I'll need it.