View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #315
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Pike IPA
Pike Pub & Brewery | Seattle, Washington USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

What a good tasting IPA! One of the finer IPAs that is not overly hoppy and not overly sweet. There is a very fine balance in this brew. A big malty hit up front with loads of citrus-y hops in the middle; long-lasting notes of warm bread in the aftertaste. Very refreshing and delicious. A delicious pairing with my creamy venison brats and wild mushroom casserole!

Rating: 3 out of 5 mugs

=========================

Samuel Smith’s Organically Produced Ale
Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster) | Tadcaster, United Kingdom (England)

Style: Bitter

Oh, now that’s one delicious bitter! Truly the best tasting bitter I have savored thus far. One thing that I do know, this brewery is kicking out some fabulous brews! If I were to pick the perfect pairing, it would be the classic UK-style fish-n-chips (just use some of this beer in the batter). Crisp, clean and absolutely refreshing. Heading back to grab more of this great brew!

Rating: 4 out of 5 mugs

Breckenridge Christmas Ale
Breckenridge Brewery | Denver, Colorado USA

Style: American Strong Ale

Just put a bow on this and Christmas is good for me! Brews such as this are enticing me to try more of the winter/Christmas ales from various breweries. The only thing I’d like to see is more ’robustness’ in the brew. It’s an American Strong Ale but really comes across as a thinned up brown ale. A strong ale, to me, will be more robust in ABV and texture. Not a bad brew to warm up with at those company and private holiday parties.

Rating: 3 out of 5 mugs

Great Lakes Christmas Ale
Great Lakes Brewing Company | Cleveland, Ohio USA

Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable Beer

Oh sweet delicious yuletide bliss! What a fantastic blend of hops and cinnamon and just a slight twing of ginger way in the background. Larry, I raise a toast in your honor for sending this exceptional beer! So rich and flavorful and yet very easy on the palate. This is one fine Christmas ale that will have you saying, “Ho Ho Ho!” in no time at all! Makes me yearn for some hearty cinnamon rolls!

Rating: 4 out of 5 mugs

These and many more beer reviews (including 'beer-nerd' details about each brew) are available on my blog; the link there is provided on my profile page.

ABOUT AW's BIERKELLER: My beer review blog contains beer reviews from an 'average joe' beer enthusiast for 'average joe' beer enthusiasts. It ain't purty, heck it ain't even grammatically correct. It's just me tellin ya what I think about the brews that I have savored. It ain't much but it's sure to put a grin on your chin and a chuckle in your gullet! If'n you're into wild game (the kind ya go out into the great outdoors to get [i.e. hunting or fishing]; not that prepackaged stuff!!) then I got some tasty brews that will go right good with your meal! So thank ye kindly for stoppin by! Now get on in thar and find some brews that you'd like to try & maybe some ya'd better stay away from!

DISCLAIMER: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of these here beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice one to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure!
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote