View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #313
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Rahr & Sons Winter Warmer
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company | Fort Worth, Texas USA

Style: English Strong Ale / Winter Warmer

A beautiful dark and delicious winter warmer! A very fine balance in both sweetness and a dry finish and one that you can enjoy a few of before the alcohol sneaks in to lull you away for the evening. Pairs ups deliciously with my wild hog fajitas! Definitely a great brew to enjoy throughout the winter. Grab some of this brew and Rahr’s Bourbon Barrel aged winter warmer as well when you find them!!

Rating: 3 out of 5

=========================

Saint Arnold Amber Ale
Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Houston, Texas USA

Style: Amber Ale

Quite a ‘light’ beer. Not heavy at all on the palate with a good clean slightly bitter finish and aftertaste. Very easy on my drinkability scale; which means most folks can enjoy a few without getting blitzed too quickly. One enjoyable feature was the nutty-caramel aroma and flavor that this brew offered up. Wouldn’t be a bad brew to have at the BBQ or fish fry.

Rating: 2 out of 5

Redhook Long Hammer IPA
Redhook Ale Brewery | Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

Not too impressed by this brew. Nothing much going on aroma or flavor-wise. The taste is very bland. When compared to other IPAs that I have tasted, this ones puts out like a weak golden ale. If you are looking just to whet-your-whistle, have at it. Otherwise, go with something more hearty and flavorful.

Rating: 1 out of 5

These and many more beer reviews (including 'beer-nerd' details about each brew) are available on my blog; the link there is provided on my profile page.

ABOUT AW's BIERKELLER: My beer review blog contains beer reviews from an 'average joe' beer enthusiast for 'average joe' beer enthusiasts. It ain't purty, heck it ain't even grammatically correct. It's just me tellin ya what I think about the brews that I have savored. It ain't much but it's sure to put a grin on your chin and a chuckle in your gullet! If'n you're into wild game (the kind ya go out into the great outdoors to get [i.e. hunting or fishing]; not that prepackaged stuff!!) then I got some tasty brews that will go right good with your meal! So thank ye kindly for stoppin by! Now get on in thar and find some brews that you'd like to try & maybe some ya'd better stay away from!

DISCLAIMER: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of these here beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice one to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure!
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote