View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #312
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Pyramid Haywire Hefeweizen
Pyramid Breweries, Inc. | Seattle, Washington USA

Style: Hefeweizen

Nothing over the top on this brew but don’t let that deter you from trying it. It’s a good beer; not too sweet and not bland. I like the dryness of this brew; tells me that it will pair up nicely with various foods and not be overbearing. Very light on the palate so you can enjoy a few without that ‘heavy gut’ feeling that some brews bring on.

Rating: 3 out of 5

=========================

Summit Extra Pale Ale
Summit Brewing Company | St. Paul, Minnesota USA

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Now this is a fine tasting brew! It has a nice hoppy hit up front and then is mellowed out some by sweet caramel flavors. The long-lasting bitter aftertaste is very complementary to this beer. Makes me wish I had made up some fish tacos topped with habanero-guacamole! Will definitely be getting more of these soon!

Rating: 3 out of 5

Summit India Pale Ale

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

Definitely one of the most enjoyable IPAs I have yet to taste! Exceptional blend of grapefruit, pine and caramel. I was even getting ‘warm butter’ in the background just before the finish. There was even just a remnant flavor of wild honeycomb in there too. Very substantial on the palate and extremely refreshing. Leaves you with a clean finish full of a robust, bitter ‘twang’ that has this brew pairing up with some smoked mussels and oysters very well!

Rating: 4 out of 5

Summit Maibock

Style: Heller Bock

Oh sweet beer-ful bliss! Although its prime ‘enjoy-ability’ time is during the Spring, this brew can be enjoyed all year long! Surely one of the best tasting heller bocks that almost had me yelling, ‘By the power of Grayskull!’ Almost that is!! The flavors of this beer leaves the palate in total disarray (but they will rebound) from the delicious silky-sweet flavors. I am lucky to have found some so late in the year and will definitely stock up on some in early Spring!

Rating: 4 out of 5

These and many more beer reviews (including 'beer-nerd' details about each brew) are available on my blog; the link there is provided on my profile page.

ABOUT AW's BIERKELLER: My beer review blog contains beer reviews from an 'average joe' beer enthusiast for 'average joe' beer enthusiasts. It ain't purty, heck it ain't even grammatically correct. It's just me tellin ya what I think about the brews that I have savored. It ain't much but it's sure to put a grin on your chin and a chuckle in your gullet! If'n you're into wild game (the kind ya go out into the great outdoors to get [i.e. hunting or fishing]; not that prepackaged stuff!!) then I got some tasty brews that will go right good with your meal! So thank ye kindly for stoppin by! Now get on in thar and find some brews that you'd like to try & maybe some ya'd better stay away from!

DISCLAIMER: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of these here beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice one to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure!
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote