View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #307
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Ommegang Hennepin (Farmhouse Saison)
Brewery Ommegang | Cooperstown, New York USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Saison/Farmhouse

One of the utmost flavorful brews that has crossed my taste buds! This is the one brew that saison lovers must try at least once. Dry, crisp and ultimately refreshing. Ommegang is steadily climbing near the top of the list of my go-to breweries due to stellar brews as the Hennepin! Citrusy, spicy, sweet, mellow, robust … complexity at its finest!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Left Hand Fade to Black Vol. 3 Pepper Porter
Left Hand Brewing Company | Longmont, Colorado USA

Style: Porter

No ‘pepper’ detected at first but this is one good porter! Quite a tasty porter and as the beer warms the peppery flavors slowly come through but only ever-so-slightly. Very creamy and smooth and so hard to keep from chugging this tasty brew!

Barbar (Belgian Honey Ale)
Brasserie Lefèbvre SA | Rebecq-Quenast, Belgium

Style: Belgian Strong Ale

Call me weird but this is a ‘noisy’ brew! What I mean is the carbonation in this beer makes it sound like I have ‘Pop Rocks’ candy in my mouth. Load me up a big stockpile of this fine honey beer because this brew is insanely delicious! Honey, spices, orange, vanilla all combine to make a semi-sweet brew that hides its alcohol content oh so well!! Smoked salmon would be my pairing choice alongside some pasta lightly tossed and coated with fresh cracked black peppercorn, dill, and extra virgin olive oil. Absolutely outstanding!!

Affligem Noel (Christmas Ale)
Brouwerij De Smedt / Brouwerij Affligem | Opwijk, Belgium

Style: Belgian Strong Ale

What a great wintry brew! Full of tasty caramel, dark fruits, cooking spices and a light hint of chocolate makes for a good dessert brew to have on-hand as the winter months approach! This brew gets much more tastier as it slowly warms up. Definitely a sipper and one that you will want to savor slowly so that you don’t run out too soon!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote