View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #306
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Avery Salvation
Avery Brewing Company | Boulder, Colorado USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Belgian Strong Ale

“Damn that’s good!” Twas the first thought in my mind after tasting this exceptional brew. Number 3 and the last of the ‘Holy Trinity of Ales’ for me to savor and I must admit my favorite out of this series (although each comes from a different brew style). Definitely one of the finest Belgian strong ales I have yet to savor! So flavorful and robust! Watch that ABV count ’cause this is definitely a sipper and makes for an excellent nightcap!!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Rahr & Sons Angry Goat
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company | Fort Worth, Texas USA

Style: Weizen Bock

“Angry Goat ain’t no sissy Weizen Doppelbock …” Now who can resist trying a brew with a bold claim such as this?! Very aromatic and full of complex yet well-balanced flavors! Wheat, bananas and cloves make this tasty brew beg for a hearty rib-eye steak dinner (or perhaps a stuffed duck meal)!! Like most dark brews, as this one warms up the flavors become insanely rich! Definitely one of their best ‘specialty’ brews!!!

Krombacher Dark
Krombacher Brauerei | Kreuztal-Krombach, Germany

Style: Schwarzbier

Definitely a session brew. This brew is quite the quaffer. One could easily slam a few of these down. Compared to other schwarz’s that I have tasted, this one is rather sub-par for its style. Not a bad schwarz but it is just tad bit on the thin side in texture. Not the best but not the worst. A good starter brew if one has not gotten into schwarzbiers yet.

Great Divide Hibernation Ale
Great Divide Brewing Company | Denver, Colorado USA

Style: Altbier / Old Beer

Definitely the best all-around altbier (old beer) that I have savored thus far! I can definitely see pouring up a few bottles of this brew into my combat-mug and watching the Rangers win the World Series!! Insanely aromatic and full of complex flavors; it’s just a good ol’ strong beer! So stop reading and go get ya some of this fantastic beer!!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote