View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #302
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Stone Collaboration Cherry Chocolate Stout
Stone Brewing Co. | Escondido, California USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Stout

Oh sweet chocolate-cherry bliss!! Like a chocolate-cherry coke from one of those old fashioned fountain drink machines! Stout Brewing has yet to fail on any collaboration brew! I could easily see filling up my ‘combat-mug’ full of this brew and enjoying the process of emptying it a few times throughout the day. Definitely a dessert brew and one not to be paired up with a meal as it would distort from the flavors. Absolutely delicious.

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Ommegang Three Philosophers
Brewery Ommegang | Cooperstown, New York USA

Style: Abt/Quadrupel

Ever find something so complex that you just can’t describe?! This brew falls smack-dab in the middle of all that complexity!! This brew is a very tasty brew and one that presents you with a different meld of flavors and texture in each sip. One thing I truly like about this brew is the warming effect of the alcohol that is detected right from the get-go! I can only compare the flavors and textures to something along the lines of a robust rum cake. Fruity, malty, sweet and there’s no denying the fact that there is some alcohol in there! Definitely grabbing a few more and cellaring them for a few years to see how the flavors develop over time!

Wells Banana Bread Beer
England

Style: Fruit Beer

Thin and watery in texture. Somewhat on-par with the banana nut [bread] taste. Definitely nothing exciting going on with this brew. Not bad but not really my mug of beer. Strong banana scent and flavoring. So if you are into fruity beers then this one would be a good one to have. For me, just give me some [real] banana nut bread (and some warm brandy!!). Truly reminds me of a cream soda with a splash of banana extract.

Unibroue Eau Benite
Canada
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Abbey Tripel

Take it from me … ya gotta try every brew from Unibroue as I’m sure you will delight in every one of them!! FINALLY!! After searching for this brew in my area of Texas, I find it in a gift pack with a bottle of Maudite (quite delicious I might add!). So I get the gift pack and knew I would have two savory brews to enjoy! Complex and savory as all of the other Unibroue brews! A very fine tasting tripel that I would have all to itself and not pair it up with anything ’cause I am selfish and want all those delicious flavors to come through! Another fine brew from the folks at Unibroue!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote