View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #266
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Hite Beer
Hite Brewery Company LTD | Hongchun Gun, Kangwon, South Korea

Style: Pale Lager

Good gosh does this brew bring back some memories of my years spent in South Korea while I was in the military. I found this brew by chance while in the Korean grocery store picking up some veggies. While standing in the check-out line, I noticed the new beer signs and decided to go peek and see what they had … sure glad I did! Many, many, many, many bottles of this brew were emptied by my efforts while in South Korea and this is one fine brew to be tried and enjoyed! It has a flavor that would rival (and in my opinion, beat down!) many of the micro-brews, or as I like to call them – “add-junks”! This brew is very light and very easy to drink and it is a very refreshing brew as well. If I were looking at brews for a BBQ or fish fry and this beer was next to some like Miller, Coors, Keystone, etc.; I’d be picking up the Hite and enjoying some good beer!

For all my "beer-nerd" details on this brew, please click here.

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote