Thread: ABC Hog Hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 11:04 PM   #9
ashx2

Chew - I hunted Richard's place (ABC) in Sept w/Danny (yleecoyote23) and Higee (TBH). We had a good time hunting hogs in the night and several porkers hit the ground.

We helped Richard fill the feeders as we got the tour of the ranch. He informed us his rules and gave us free reign of the place. As the night went, he helped us find the hogs that we shot w/the aide of his lighted tractor.

He prepared a meal for us Sat evening before the hunt that was pretty darned good. Catfish, hushpuppies, and tatertots along w/some hunting stories......a good time was had by all.

The facilities are more than adequate. I have to warn you though.....stay out of the recliner closest to the wall in the trailer.......it's way comfy and causes you to snooze when you least expect it. It was quite warm while we were there, so the shower was a much appreciated thing to have. The beds were comfy as well.....not to mention a flushing toilet.

The stands were all in good shape and easy to make shots from. The bus was something that seemed a little odd.....but it was the scene of more than one shooting. Take plenty of arrows, make your shot, sit still and get ready for the next shot.

Like Danny mentioned, if you need another hunter to fill a slot, let me know.....it'd be nice to hunt w/Danny again and meet yourself and some other bowhunters too. We had seven hunters when we were there and had no problem accommodating everybody.

Greg