Old 06-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #172
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Rheingold Beer
Rheingold Brewing Co. | Wilton, Connecticut USA
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: American Pale Lager

ABV - 5%

Well, I hate to give out a negative review but this brew just didn’t hold up to any sort of expectation of mine. This brew poured up a clear, straw-colored body the head was barely visible (no lacing effects at all) and dissipated so quickly that I barely had time to get it in the photo! Aromas are barely detectable but there’s just a tad bit of hops and malts; sadly it was rather bland smelling. Light-bodied and so easy to drink you wouldn’t know you were drinking a beer. Flavors are very bland so whatever you pair this up with that’s all you are going to be tasting. Sadly I won’t recommend this brew to anyone.

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote