View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Chunky

Another thing some may want to consider is Baker Ranch. In the past it has always been one hunt and almost impossible to get spots...as they are bought up by the guys already on the hunt.

Lisa and Bonnie have decided to have 2 hunts next Oct. One the first weekend and one the third. Of the 60 guys that went this year...40 signed up for the second and 20 for the first. That leaves 60 spots not taken. I am sure they are filling everyday, but I am also sure that there are spots left right now.

It is not an LSBA hunt, but it is a lot of fun and we could have a little group thing if we wanted. I am signed up for both hunts. If anyone wants more details let me know and I can get them to you.

I talked to the girls about doing an LSBA hunt and they didn't say no, but some of the things we like to do...like kids hunt free, and a kick back to the club, would probably not happen unless the club is willing to take the hit. If those types of things could be worked out, it would be an awesome thing for our organization. This year the 55 or so hunters took 63 animals on the 3 day hunt, and eveyone had multiple shooting chances. Much different than most of the LSBA hunts I have gone on where the fun is high but the harvest is low. Just some thoughts.

Mark
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote