View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #18
bountyhunter

LSBA Region: 77

I really think there are a lot of bowhunters out there that would join if they knew about LSBA. This was the case with me, I've been bowhunting for 30+ years but it wasn't until 2007 that I even heard of LSBA and that was from a direct invite from Mark (Chunky) on a different forum. Once I checked out the website and saw what we are all about, it was no doubt I was going to join. I know there are a lot more folks out there just like I was 3-4 years ago.

Getting the word out is the big issue you here, but doing it effectively is the most important question. Word of mouth is the best method and has been proven time and time again. We all visit archery shops and most of the time there are other people there, so I try and wear one of my LSBA shirts. I also try to strike up a conversation with folks and bring up the subject of LSBA. The only problem here is, I don't have all the answers to their questions. If I had something like business cards that I could give them with the web site and contact information of the local Reps, that would be a big help. That way if they are really interest they can get more and correct information.

We all also visit a lot of different forums and it would hurt to post up about bowhunting even on a fishing or other type of forum and then tell folks about LSBA and give them links to the web site. Every little bit helps.

As far as volunteering to help, I'm all for that. We all need to volunteer every chance we can. I know that not all dates and times fit, but when they do jumb in with both feet. If you truely love the sport and you care about the future of the sport, you can no longer just set in your arm chair you have to get active.

Ok, there are my two pennies. Bob you can call on me anytime and if there is any possibility, you know I'll be there.

Derek
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bounty...v=wall&ref=sgm
bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote