View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisbuck24 View Post
Since the addition of regional representation has been brought up on several occasions, I would like to ask the following question: Would you be interested in assisting your regional representative in some capacity in your home area? What LSBA activities would you be interested in hosting in your area?
Jo, I would be happy to help where I could. My problem is the same as everybody else's: time. I wouldn't be able to make board meetings across the state regularly. With two teenagers at home right now, we rarely have a day that doesn't require us to be somewhere for at least one of our kids. Add my local board commitment and several things at church... Just like you and everybody else, I'm sure. On the big thread about all this on TBH, somebody mentioned utilizing online board meetings for folks that couldn't travel. I'm sure that could help more folks like me get more involved.

Zach and I really enjoyed the 3D shoot here in Abilene, and it was good to meet you there. I would be glad to help with that and anything else that I could here locally.

I hope nobody thinks I'm criticizing anybody. I'm not at all. I don't know how you guys get so much done in the first place, especially with no more help than you have. It's utterly amazing to me what you guys accomplish. I'm just saying that if you want to do even more, you're probably going to have to have more help. It's a lot easier to recognize that than it is to find the help - for sure. But I'd bet there are at least a few folks scattered around the state that would be willing to pitch in where they could.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote