View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #16
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

LSBA Region: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Maybe if there was a drawing for a hunt or two for an adult, more people would join just for the chance at that.

Jo, I think a big key to getting more people informed about the LSBA is local regional representation, and a lot of hard work by dedicated volunteers, which are hard to find. If every major city had at least one LSBA rep and that person was active and visible around the local ranges and archery shops, then that would do a lot towards getting more people introduced to the LSBA.

Seriously, though. I think turning the annual banquet into a bigger event would be the best way to get bigger crowds. Of course, it would be even more work, requiring more help and more money. No easy answers.
1. We just done that and had a few members to join or renew for it. These always help a lot.

2. I guess that is were I really cannot do a lot. My days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I cannot make most of these events. Not much happening on my days off but I do make what I can which is not more than one 3-D shoot a year.

3. We keep trying to do this. I have been attending banquets now for the last 10++ years, and even though they might be different and in different locations, the attendence really do not change. Some times you get a new face, but mostly it is our dedicated followers and then they talk someone else into coming.

Keep the good ideas coming, we really like hearing from our new members on their ideas, and rbiceo, you are so correct, we do need to always spell out the Lone Star Bowhunters Association. I am bad about not doing it, but that is the only way a new person reading a post will know who we are.

Bob Kana
LSBA Region 77 Rep.