Thread: LSBA stance
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #36
NDNRoger

LSBA Region: 75

The drama over this is so unbelievable! Seriously..are we still in junior high? I thought we were all adults.

Travis,

I can't answer your poll question. You see I have a real job that takes most of my time. I was not able to check and/or read my email during this whole issue until days later. I have thought long and hard about it and fully support the EC. I did not and do not have the time it would take to read every post you have ever made to attempt to sift through all the rhetoric and get your position. I did take the 20 minutes to read through this thread though. And all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

1. Please stop the cry baby 16 year old whining about "go ahead and ban me". You lose all credibility. Why not just come out and state "I triple dog dare you!"?

2. This painting with a broad brush and slopping paint all over everyone about how you have been looked down on and whatever, has got to stop. Again, you lose all credibility. Would you like it if I said all land owners are ignorant morons?

3. Please stop the crying about your voice is not being heard, and guess I will just keep my voice silent. Again, credibility issues and you look like that same old 16 year old. If you really wanted to keep silent you wouldn't be here acting all put upon.

I felt that the above had to be said. Not apologizing for hurting your feelings as we ARE adults. So now can we have a civil discussion like adults?

What I said to you in the other forum was "you too can run for EC and you don't have anything to complain about if you don't." That was in reference to your complaint about your voice not being heard. I stand by that statement. The best way to effect change is to get involved at the top. In no way did I imply or accuse you of not contributing because I would not have any idea. I contribute via the magazine. Its just about the only way I can give back.

I am a member of the NRA. I disagree with many of the things they say and do. However, I also know that they also get things accomplished when it comes to my gun rights. So I keep sending in my money. Point being, you do not and most likely will not always agree with the decisions the EC makes, but like it has been pointed out so many times, the LSBA is all about fighting for bowhunters rights in Texas. So are you going to continue to act like that 16 year old brat, or are you going to buck up like a man and deal with it?

Now for the record:

I just shot a nice 7 point buck two weekends ago. 105 yds with my 30.06 rifle I inherited from my father. You see, I am a "hunter" that very much enjoys "bowhunting". Its not going to be the EC making decisions that you do not agree with that is going to be the death of our sport. It will be apathy and complacency and in fighting that will do it. Have a difference of opinion. I welcome it. Just be a man about it. ok?

I am now going offline and be with my family. I hope you have a great evening Travis!
NDNRoger is offline   Reply With Quote