Thread: LSBA stance
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
txhunter
Administrator

LSBA Region: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedassranch View Post
I would hope no one would get banned for asking questions like the one I still have not got an answer to nor for stating their opinion.
I believe BearOmni answered your question. You asked about receiving an email and where the LSBA stands on this. That was answered.

I am only the "webmaster" for the LSBA so I don't deal with the decisions or voting. But I do agree somewhat with Mesquite. The LSBA is supposed to be the voice of bowhunters in Texas. I must say that the "bowhunters" in Texas don't have much of a "say so" when it comes to issues that will affect them. The "main" EC members make the decisions of the LSBA's stance on an issue and that is it. The decision was made on this issue as soon as it became public through emails by the EC. Then after the decision was made, they posted this issue on other sites to get bowhunter's feedback.

Now the other issue on this is that LSBA members need to step-up and take action by contacting their representatives and voicing their opinions on certain situations. I am sure not many sent an email or called their reps. And in this situation, a decision needed to be made quickly.

And I am also against the proposal for youth rifle season in the month of October.