View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:20 AM   #12
BearOmni

LSBA Region: 77
Send a message via Yahoo to BearOmni

I too am opposed to this.
If any of you plan to speak at a hearing, please be prepared.

"If" this is picked up by a reporter...news print or outdoor mags....the headline will say ......LSBA opposes youth hunting season..........

If you are at a hearing you will be asked by a commissioner why you are trying to stop kids from hunting. Why you feel like kids should not have a special time where there is no competition from adult hunters.

The LSBA EC needs to get its ducks in a row, and have printed and researched talking points. You must anticipate questions and be ready with solid answers. These people will not ask a question they dont already know the answer to, so if you cant answer a question THEY will, and we probably dont want to hear their answer.

All members who attend these hearings need to be breifed on talking points and rebuttles even if they dont plan on speaking. You never know who will walk up and ask a question before or after a meeting. You may think its just another guy, only later to find out it was a reporter who will quote the response of "a member of the LSBA stated.....". Even though you thought you were just making small talk with a fellow hunter.

I can not stress enough that ALL members who plan to attend need to be briefed to a level that THEY could do the talking for the group, even if they have absolutly no plan to speak.

Good luck and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to PM or email me.
BearOmni is offline   Reply With Quote