View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #55
Huntinfool

LSBA Region: 77

I've been talking to a friend that just moved from Alabama, he said that they went through the same problems there. Finally the cross bows were allowed during the archery season. Crossbow sales went through the roof. The next year they were flooded with used crossbows as most hunters gave up on it.

He did suggest that if we as the united front of bowhunting in Texas (LSBA) don't get together and do something that this will happen. Possibly one of the best things we can do is to allow crossbows during the archery only season. I know, I know... But hear me out. TPWD's last voting session this was not in effect because of one vote. Which means that it is more than likely going to happen. So why don't we allow the crossbows, but put an age restriction on them, say anyone over 60 years old. That way we give them essentially what they want with out losing. I know that this is a drastic measure, but it maight be the only way to keep them from the season, in big numbers. This is just a thought, and I am in no way saying that I want them in our season, but it seems that TPWD is more than likely going to allow them (the draw loc is legal now and we fought it and lost) so why not at least have some sort of effect on the legislation that will impact the future.

I know...I'm off to banned camp.
Huntinfool is offline   Reply With Quote