View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
Curtis

It is! We have 5 cows that we want to get hunted off the ranch out of a herd of 32.

And just so everyone knows. There is a lot of rumors going around about the Scimitar, Addax and Dama Gazelle. I have herd about "deadlines" and such. As per my personal conversations with others in the know about this subject,(USFW, EWA, SCI) there was a court decision back on June 22 to make them subject to the Endangered Species Act.

These species were already on the list but we could hunt them in captive bred situations as of October 2005. HSUS files a suit trying to change that and the Federal Court judge came back and said USFW doesn't have the right to do that.

What some don't understand is, first of all, that court decision is being appealed as per August 12, 2009. Anyone interested in more facts can contact the Exotic Wildlife Association or USFW about it since they are the ones that did it!

A lot of people that are not members of EWA or keeping up with USFW would not be able to find out information on this topic. Don't trust these rumors that some outfitters and guides are saying!

You can however join the EWA and help us fight for this. There is an appeal filed and it will cost dearly to do it and we do need your help. Membership to EWA helps protect hunting in Texas and private property rights. Give them a call and find out what its about.

We can still hunt these and I am going on business as usual.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote